Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

It's bit early for leaf color change.
It is here, too - except for a few early trees in town that typically start showing, at this time. They are usually stunning! However, they are dull and dropping. My sugar maple shouldn't be doing much, yet - but it is pre-maturely dropping, dull leaves. As is my crimson king. We don't have any tree disease issues, so I'm wondering if it's because of the excessively wet summer we had. Our vegetable garden did very poorly, as a result. Not enough sun or warmth. I hope I'm wrong, and we'll get some color, yet. Autumn can be so beautiful ♡

We had a prolonged unusually dry spell this spring, which fortunately meant that there were very few skeeters or blackflies this summer. It would have been very bad for the gardens, pasture and hay crops except then it turned wet, which rescued the plants. Most of my tomato plants did very poorly though, although the onions were very good.

For anyone planting Garlic, it's about that time.

We had a prolonged unusually dry spell this spring, which fortunately meant that there were very few skeeters or blackflies this summer. It would have been very bad for the gardens, pasture and hay crops except then it turned wet, which rescued the plants. Most of my tomato plants did very poorly though, although the onions were very good.

For anyone planting Garlic, it's about that time.
Was dry here too, then when it rained everyone was freaked by the skeeter explosion, SMH.

Grew garlic for 20 years, finally had to give it up a couple year ago.
Usually planted in late Oct down here.

Grew garlic for 20 years, finally had to give it up a couple year ago.
Usually planted in late Oct down here.
The first time I planted garlic was November 1, as I didn't realize I could grow it. Then serendipitously, I saw some hardneck bulbs at the farmstand I frequent, and though, hey, why not?

It did well, and has done well every year since. I plant it usually mid-late October, as @aart posted. Love that stuff!

Think I read somewhere that our heat wave is the cause of the lack luster colors.
Leaving tomorrow for our last camping trip to South Haven. Big Halloween bash. Had the family over for dinner and everyone helped load up the 31 ft camper with all my decorations. It is full!! Will have fun setting up. Not so much taking it all down!
Have a great weekend!

Think I read somewhere that our heat wave is the cause of the lack luster colors.
Leaving tomorrow for our last camping trip to South Haven. Big Halloween bash. Had the family over for dinner and everyone helped load up the 31 ft camper with all my decorations. It is full!! Will have fun setting up. Not so much taking it all down!
Have a great weekend!
Have a wonderful time!

I find that the best way to ensure it rains is too forget that your car windows are down.
I've done that more than a few times. And then there was that time the windows were down while the car was IN the garage.

Attachments

• egg4.jpg
    egg4.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3
  • egg3.jpg
    egg3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2
  • egg2.jpg
    egg2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2
  • egg1.jpg
    egg1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2
Started PT yesterday on my shoulder. It wasn't fun. Definitely some damage there that needs attention. Therapist did some taping of the arm, shoulder and collar to try some of her majic. I'm glad she knows what she is doing because I wouldn't be doing this on my own accord. She says that the arthritis is pretty bad. This cold damp weather ain't helpin' none.

Back
Top Bottom