Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

A neighbor pointed out what she thought was hogweed along the road. It was just one or two plants, so I went out with a shovel and cut it off at ground level. It did not come back.

Last night at lock up, three of the ladies were having quite a row. I've never had anything like that before. Finally, they were all inside, so I shut the door, making it fairly dark in there. They settled down. Wonder what brought it on and if it'll repeat...?

My family & myself are moving from Bay City to Auburn this summer. I’m very excited as I’m pretty sure one of my feathery fluffs is a rooster which isn’t allowed where we currently live. I’ve spent a lot of time the past week researching & have found that where we are moving, we can have roosters. Also, any tips on moving & transitioning my chicks from our current house to our new one as to keep them as least stressed as possible? They’re currently still indoors as they’re still young & our neighbors are jerks so I don’t want to have any issues for the short month we have left where we are at currently.

Moving such a short distance is easy, use dog crates with either shavings (not inside your car!) or old towels for good footing. Have your new coop all ready to go, and just move them inside. Before free ranging, not a good idea right now anyway, have them in their safe coop and run at least one or two weeks, so they know where to come back to roost.
Pictures of your new coop and run will be good here too. How many birds? Where there chickens at your new home?
Moving is such a pain, but glad your new place will be an improvement!
Mary

OMG! I am as stupid as the word. Sis told me that there is no cure for trigeminal neuralgia. Only God and prayers can work and to ask my md for gabapentin. Well, the pain is so bad that I took 800mg of carbamazepine. Very bad idead. Still dizzy. Worse feeling ever. How and why do people get high for? Anyways got up for some coffee and weird stuff happening in the run. Pitbull of course is crowing but lil mama is crowing with him? They have a duet back there. Is this normal?

Dream, hope your high goes away. Never understood getting high or getting drunk.
I've had a sharp decline in eggs. Anyone else? 11 birds and got 2 eggs yesterday. One broody hen. Looked everywhere for a hidden nest but found nothing. See hens sitting on nest but no eggs. They're off enjoying life.
Getting ready for our first camping trip. Heading to Frankenmuth. Leaving Friday.

Back
Top Bottom