Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

@lefttowrite, Hi!:frow I used to live in Antrim County, north end of Torch Lake, when I was a kid.

The rural life is the best, isn't it?
It really is! I was in Detroit for a hot minute over the weekend and was totally out of my element, despite having lived in the area for several years. Glad to be home.

Torch Lake--what a beautiful place to grow up!

I have two good friends, experienced woodsman both, who were badly injured by deadfalls, dead trees or branches hung up in the canopy of other trees. When you cut trees down, the dead falls can unexpectedly come down and can kill you. They may not even look like they're in bad shape, but if they have been damaged by a storm they are a big danger.

I've got some strange things happening in my coop (probably not all that strange, but new to me). I have a young roo who was raised by my bantam. She went broody (again! Dang heat wave) and he protects her in the nest box and won't let any other hens in to lay. My most persistent hen is a standard sized EE and he is constantly chasing her out.

The girls have resorted to laying in an alternate spot. My thought is to separate the roo for a few days so he can reintegrate with the flock and break my broody bantam so things can kind of reset for everyone.

Anyone have any advice?

Hello everyone,
Long time, no see. I wish I could be back now with good news. It's been quite the past year for me, I had a knee operation that took me "out of commission" for a few months. Unfortunately, it's looking like I might need another knee surgery.
With that being said, I will probably have to give up my flock, or at least, most of it. I'm trying to find good pet homes, as I have raised most of them as pets and have grown quite attached to them. I'm wondering if there is anywhere on this website I can post them?

Back
Top Bottom