Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Um Raz.............You need to eat more... how can your body regulate it's metabolism if you don't feed it? Small meals if you don't want to eat a lot ...

Somehow I missed the Robo-Opa comment until it was quoted. Wish I could replace the body parts that ache. In that line of thinking, when I was last time at the barber shop while I was putting my glasses on and my hearing aids back in the barber told the next waiting customer "you're up". He replied, "I'm just waiting until he's got all his body parts back on".

Took groceries out to the farm and my old friend was quite happy. He was using wood to heat his house for the first time this year. Last year his nephew had told me that the firewood was taken care of. When I found out that the wood bin was empty the snow depth wouldn't allow access to the woods. So thanks to the idiot nephew my friend had no wood and was forced to buy 3 tanks of propane.

While my flocks egg production is down due to molting, the egg total for the year has almost surpassed the highest total ever. The best part is that I have 10 less birds than I had during that record year.

Egg production is slowing down.
What is interesting is the output for the year so far. They started laying in late February and the newbies started in late July.
So far there is a total of 1178. Total weight of eggs was 57,904 grams which equals 127lb 10.504oz. Wow!

Is there anyone in the grand rapids area that would be willing to assist with a bumblefoot surgery? I attempted to do it myself and it did not go so well. In fact, it went really awful. Her poor foot is horribly swollen and I hate that I couldn't help her. I would welcome any help and can pay for your time in homemade strawberry jam :) PM me if you'd be willing to come help my girl out.

Is there anyone in the grand rapids area that would be willing to assist with a bumblefoot surgery? I attempted to do it myself and it did not go so well. In fact, it went really awful. Her poor foot is horribly swollen and I hate that I couldn't help her. I would welcome any help and can pay for your time in homemade strawberry jam :) PM me if you'd be willing to come help my girl out. 

Bumble foots the worst isn't it? Three of my girls had it. If I was closer I would help. Good luck!

Only 75 posts since I last checked in sometime last week. You guys are slacking... or otherwise occupied, in which case, good for you! I've been busy. I find that days spent connected are my worst days so busy is good.

Posted this slide show that I made, on my FB page yesterday. Thought I'd share it here too because it's Michigan history.

Speaking of which, I follow a number of your FB pages. I'd like to follow more if you're out there. If you've got a page, do share the url. Mine is: https://www.facebook.com/HudsonHobbyFarm

I wish I could help but I've never attempted the surgery and wouldn't want to do it for the first time on someone else's bird.

I agree lady, it has been rather slow lately. Do I have to do something controversial to get some posts going? Don't make me go there.

Hi everyone! I'm new here and new to raising chickens. I have 8 girls who are all around 20 weeks and starting to lay! I'm located in southwest michigan and trying to prepare for winter and possibly getting a bigger coop before then! How many of you have successfully had a dirt floor? Right now I have a raised coop with a wood floor and linoleum over it but I'm really leaning toward dirt. Thoughts?? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom