Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I'm looking to add some more hens to my flock of 5, is there anyone out there within a 35 mile radius of Reese who might want to sell some pullets? I don't want chicks, would prefer some from about 8 weeks of age upward to 6 months, and would consider anything except silkies and feathered footed breeds. I particularly like Barred Rock, Orpingtons, and ISA Reds but will consider any other breed, right now I have 2 penciled Rocks and 3 ISA Red's. Thanks everyone
smile.png

i will be getting the flow hive...however...the big system that sell for 600 they were backordered for shipment until dec 2015....now they met their quota on that so they are pushing them back til feb 2016...was going to order it but when i seen that they backordered shipment for another couple of months i decided to get a breeding quail cage instead..i figured i had time...

I am so jealous, I am allergic to bee and wasp stings! I can't take antihistamines so I eat local honey. I NEED bees for my garden but I hardly ever see one around here.
hmm.png

i will be getting the flow hive...however...the big system that sell for 600 they were backordered for shipment until dec 2015....now they met their quota on that so they are pushing them back til feb 2016...was going to order it but when i seen that they backordered shipment for another couple of months i decided to get a breeding quail cage instead..i figured i had time...
I was looking at their site again last week and saw the backorders. I was curious as to whether or not the price would drop a bit considering their fundraiser goal was $70,000 but they raised several million instead!!!! Some of those were orders in addition to donations.

Last edited:
considering that they dont have the infrastructure in place yet and they are getting money ahead of time which they have way more then they could have expected...they will have a nice setup and business going...the price my guess will be cheap if you buy now...soon as their business takes off the price will prolly rise...and then fall maybe a year or so later...but thats just my guess... but thats after they have a building several storage warehouses with their product and many millions in property and machines to make their stuff....as with anything new it starts off high and then slowly falls...and then someone else will come out with something very similar and then the price will be more competitive...but right now they have the market....so they control the price....they know the demand is high so the price will rise....

Augustus ("Gus"/"Auggie") died yesterday. He seemed to have just fallen over with no suffering. I've had him since high school and he was already several years old when I got him. He was never mean, let me give him hugs and would rest his head on me like he was hugging me back, was constantly ready for a neck scratch, and was always such a good natured donkey. He lived a good life-spoiled with lots of apples and cracked corn. I'm going to miss him! RIP buddy...

Augustus ("Gus"/"Auggie") died yesterday. He seemed to have just fallen over with no suffering. I've had him since high school and he was already several years old when I got him. He was never mean, let me give him hugs and would rest his head on me like he was hugging me back, was constantly ready for a neck scratch, and was always such a good natured donkey. He lived a good life-spoiled with lots of apples and cracked corn. I'm going to miss him! RIP buddy...

Condolences....

We know from the minute we let them into our hearts, that one day they will break them.

The joy we gain by loving them will, in time, once again outweigh the sadness they can bring to our lives.

Hey guys I know this is a chicken thread but has anyone read this post about raising bees and how this new equipment is suppose to revolutionize it?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flow-hive-honey-on-tap-directly-from-your-beehive

I am curious if there are any bee keepers out there and what there take on this is? Do you think it is actually as easy as it looks? Thanks for any input.

That seems pretty cool, but I just can't justify it. I have too much invested in my current equipment to start buying new. If anyone ends up getting one I sure would like to hear a critique though.

Back
Top Bottom