Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

2 gorgeous fall days just passed here, pretty thick frost yesterday morning, jacket and gloves felt good for chores....but down to tshirt later to plant garlic.
Been getting lots of stuff done for winter prep all around.
Thinks one of my yearlings is done molting, she was in the nest this morning...yayy!!
Going to get some wood chips today for the run, trying to mitigate the 'moonscape' in there...
...we'll see if a tarp and a couple bales of straw in the back of the van works good as a pseudo 'truck bed' or is a messy fail....
...hope to gather some dry leaves for in there as well before the rain moves in later.

Hi,
I am a new member here, and am looking for a good source of feed for pre-laying pullets near lansing, Mi. I have done a lot of searches on this forum without much luck. I am paying way too much currently, so if anyone in the area can help it would be appreciated. I am looking for 25 to 50 pound sacks, as currently the largest size I can find locally is 10#. I won't mention how much I am paying per pound, but it's double what I see most members here are paying. Help if you can : )
I get mine that is organic and soy free in 50lb bags in Portland MI. $23 from a local farmer.

I get mine that is organic and soy free in 50lb bags in Portland MI. $23 from a local farmer.

I ended up going to TSC, and that saved me a good deal of money over what I was paying at Soldans. (60% less) If you are getting a well balanced organic feed for that price you are doing very well. i think the organic layer feed at TSC was around $43 or $45 for 50 pounds. If your birds are doing well on the feed at that price, it sounds like you have a nice deal going on.

frow.gif
hmm.png
Hmmm, looks like nobody is home......
Sup Rose? Yah, not on here near as much anymore. Most of the friends I've made have left the room...find me on FB. I have Laura on there!

Back
Top Bottom