Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Quote: Seems the 'old crew' have migrated elsewhere....
.....leaving the chopped liver on the BYC block.
lol.png

Last edited:
There are still quite a lot of good people here on this thread. I'm new to BYC, but I have been helped a lot in the last couple of weeks. Not new to raising birds, and not new to internet trolls and baiters, and it amazes me that people would even bother with us. This does not refer to any valid members either, so don't think I am referring to you. I'm not. Some people prefer Facebook type sites, but every time I log on there I end up losing valuable hours that I could be doing something constructive. I just can't answer 20 or 30 messages a day and go to work for 10 hours every day, then take care of birds and fish for another 6 hours and stay healthy. So this site is much more preferable to my lifestyle. I really liked facebook for quite a while, and if I was retired, it might make a bit of sense.
roll.png

Don't get me wrong...lots of good people here still. Just some lose interest if it's not moving like a freight train, lol! FB is just "another" social media that allows people to stay connected in a different way. As someone that has been on here for a few years knows we connect with a lot of people, some we meet in real life too. Over those years too many leave without a trace and that's where I was really going with that. Winter preps, summer busy, etc...some just never return for their own reasons. I for one miss a few people I've met and that's the rub. Without counting I'll bet I've come to know, and lost track of, at least 50, or so, people with similar interests.

I check in almost every day. Not much happens during the summer. Everyone busy.
I've been so very busy since May. Packing, moving, unpacking. Building a coop. Sitting, playing taxi for the grandkids. Why did I move closer to family? lol Just for that reason. Being more involved in their lives. Helping out the busy parents with all the activities.
Coop is allowing water to enter. We bought a kit thinking it will go quickly. Should have looked more closely before we bought. There is no overhang in the back. We put the coop on a cement pad. The crew made the pad bigger than the coop. Now, the water drips off the roof onto the pad and leaks in. DH put caulking all around. With all this rain we got, found it still leaks in. Gutters?? Oh,I just need to get my chickens home!
Hi John! Hope all is going well. I've got Laura on FB. Need to look for you, too!!

John, not many of our old friends on here anymore. Miss them. We had lots of fun talking back and forth. Thought we made some good friends. Still have you and Laura! lol

I've been so very busy since May. Packing, moving, unpacking. Building a coop.

Time to change your Profile!

Coop is allowing water to enter. We bought a kit thinking it will go quickly. Should have looked more closely before we bought. There is no overhang in the back. We put the coop on a cement pad. The crew made the pad bigger than the coop. Now, the water drips off the roof onto the pad and leaks in. DH put caulking all around. With all this rain we got, found it still leaks in. Gutters?? Oh,I just need to get my chickens home!

Opa would be the guy to help you with that

Gary the hawk paid a visit today. He made himself comfortable up under the patio. Poor little Dottie was upset and hiding under the table. Fortunately the hawk was more interested in a mouse that the girls had been playing football with. I think he has learned that the chickens are off limits but he is welcome to the mice in the woodpile.

Back
Top Bottom