Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Does anyone have Bielefelders?

There's a guy on CL in fife lake that does I think. Also has heritage BRs and RIRs (I wonder if it might be "Fred's hens"??? I'd have to recheck the ad to make sure it's bielefelders and not something different.

I have an extra BBS Eng. Orph rooster that is beautiful..blue but carries the splash gene....

I'm specifically looking for splash. And I think my kids are all getting sick so now I don't know if we are going anywhere tomorrow. Ugh.

One EE went almost completely blind. She can see a little, enough to get around. She gets her treats in her own bowl. Another EE went lame. Noticed her limping a bit a few years ago. Then one day, she couldn't walk very well. Her feet have curled up. She can get around. Keep her in a brooder in my basement, and she has a sand box with a child's tent over it, to take dust baths. In her dust bath tub, you would never know there is anything wrong with her. When the weather is nice, she goes outside in a fenced area to enjoy the grass and sunshine. The tent over the dust bath helps keep the dust from going everywhere! Never thought she'd live this long, though. She's a sweetie. When she's outside, she lets me know when she wants to go in to lay her egg. Yes, she's still laying! They're my pets.
Your EE is lucky to have you as her owner
goodpost.gif

Thought I'd post this for anyone looking for birds, and as this next Saturday is the first swap in St. Loius.

Small Animal Swaps at United Producers Inc.

7810 Croswell Rd., St. Louis, MI

7am-Noon **April 8, May 13, June 10, July 15, Aug 12, Sept 16, Oct 7, Nov 4

Lots are available for $5.00 each

For more information contact: John Lehmkuhle 989-388-7312 or 989-681-2506​

Cracked the toilet seat at the apartment here and replaced it. Thinking of using the cracked seat to make a viewing port over the nest boxes. they're on a big sheet of 1/2 plywood and even myself at 6'4" can't look over it where the vent area is at. But a little port there would be just about right for everybody to just lift the lid to take a quick peek of everybody that's up on the roosts. That would be a lot easier than going around the coop and opening up the human door to check in on them.

Cracked the toilet seat at the apartment here and replaced it. Thinking of using the cracked seat to make a viewing port over the nest boxes. they're on a big sheet of 1/2 plywood and even myself at 6'4" can't look over it where the vent area is at. But a little port there would be just about right for everybody to just lift the lid to take a quick peek of everybody that's up on the roosts. That would be a lot easier than going around the coop and opening up the human door to check in on them.
Well, h3ll yeah!

Back
Top Bottom