Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Might be more of a soft opening deal and then a Grand Opening later, much later.
That's the current plan. Soft opening in about 2 weeks with a grand opening 3 days later.

I'll find out more today. It's my first day. I hope my foot holds out for the whole time. I think I'll take my cane just in case.
:old

I doubt they will be doing a Grand Opening anywhere until at least June. It does sound, though, like employees at that kind of business are staying very busy.
The opening has been delayed by about 8 weeks. Unless something changes.

First day was fun but/and frustrating. Many of the systems we are supposed to use are not up and running now. Things like clocking in/out are done manually on paper until the app is de-bugged. Not a big deal for us peons but the team leaders have extra work to do. My schedule was changed (in the computer). Now I have the weekend off as well as tomorrow (Tuesday) Next week schedule is M-F with an early start time. That stinks because I'm so used to working nights. Hopefully, I'll make the adjustment.

We did get paperwork to present to the police should they set up check points stating that we are "essential" employees. It allows us to drive to work.

My first day was kind of rough. I had my cane to help with my mobility. I was doing good until my back spasmed and I wound up lying flat on the floor. Fortunately, a co-worker got a team leader to allow me to go to my car and get my meds. I was able to finish my shift.

I have to say that the Meijer company really cares about the health & welfare of the employees. :thumbsup

Well, at least your hurt foot will keep you off the ladder for a few days.... I hope.
Give your foot a rest today, RaZ.
I'm trying to Rose.
Walked down to the mail box and back up. Maybe 50' in each direction.
Walked out to the coop. Let the girls out. Walked back. That is 100' each direction. I measured once. I was walking alright until I stepped on a rock or root or something. That shot the pain level through the roof.

The terrain around my property is anything but smooth and level. Even the driveway is sloped. I've been trying to level things out with the tractor. So it's slowly getting better. I'm going to need some top-soil brought in later. It wouldn't hurt to get some more driveway gravel too. I'm going to need a few yards of paver base to lay the walkway from the porch to the garage. At the old house the base was called "slag", here, they call it "dust" or "stone dust".

Anyway, I'll have to keep working so I can pay for things. I think that I'm going to like working for Meijer. Just not getting up before dawn. I'll adjust though.

Hope everyone is safe and healthy in this crazy pandemic.

Anyone remember when I had this little guy?
I've lost 40 pounds or more since this picture.

Skunk.JPG

Sure has been slow here. Is everyone practicing "social distancing"?

Say something good that happened to you or that you did. Lets turn up the positive, eh?
I've been trying to move a few trees, prep garden, clean the house, trim the dogs for spring..... Install a gear vendor unit, deal, with ermm, the rain. (Smirks)

Had a couple great phone calls with friends & even an actual visit with one!

Back
Top Bottom