Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I'll bet...will be experiencing this next week.
I guess it's better to see their faces in real life, from 10' away, than tell them not to come?
My DD is in MI to support her Dad after his wife's death from cancer.
She wants to stop by here on her way back to NC,
am tempted to tell her no, but....and...how do you not hug your child when she's grieving?
Whew, Strange Times.

Yes, daffodils are popping open all over here.
Haven't cut any in years, but couldn't resist bringing in a handful.
View attachment 2074777
Strange but true. We as humans need interactions with other humans. This whole thing with the virus is crazy. Keep healthy Art.

Crazy seems to be the new normal. Anyone with a runny nose, coughs or sneezes is treated as a pariah. Lots of people wearing face masks of all types.

We are working hard to get this new Meijer store up and running. Before anyone begins their shift, we are directed to the pharmacy for a daily health screening. If you pass then you get to work your shift. If you fail any one checkpoint then you are sent home with 2 hours of pay. That even includes allergy and hay fever symptoms. All employees are building the store infra-structure and sanitizing every surface that is touched. The dedication to store and employee hygiene is top notch. I've never seen such cleanliness in a start-up operation.

I found the breach in my run fence. Opened the coop door and 2 hens made a beeline to the hole under the inner fence. I closed it up before the others could escape. I don't think that I can fix it properly, at least not today. I woke up in a boatload of pain. Foot, leg, and back.

After working all week on the store floor I've probably aggravated my foot injury. Then after work Friday I did a small landscape project for a cityot neighbor. Just pulling out shrubs with the tractor shouldn't have been a big deal. But I guess I tweaked my back getting on and off of the tractor. Does the step count as climbing a ladder? :( Anyway, I sold 5 dozen eggs yesterday and the city people want to buy all that I have left. They'll get them Sunday before they head back down state.

All of my hens are considered brown egg layers. But one of my hens is laying eggs that are nearly white. Looking at the shell on colour charts puts her eggs at the lightest of tan. So light that they appear to be pink some days. It's like her pigment factory doesn't have enough brown dye to apply.

Before anyone begins their shift, we are directed to the pharmacy for a daily health screening.
What does this screening consist of?

But I guess I tweaked my back getting on and off of the tractor.
OyVey!
I can attest to leg/foot limping throwing off everything,
including setting up the back muscles to pop out of place.
Are you still doing your stretching exercises?

What does this screening consist of?

OyVey!
I can attest to leg/foot limping throwing off everything,
including setting up the back muscles to pop out of place.
Are you still doing your stretching exercises?
For the daily screen, they take your temp and ask a few questions about contact with other people and how you are feeling at the moment.

Limping, for me, seems to induce a twist to my lower back. I think I am not using the cane correctly. Bending and kneeling are problematic as well. Damn broken foot is swollen so bad that I baby it and forget to do the stretches I was given at PT last month.

Back
Top Bottom