Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Be kind to her, Art. Don't hug her.
Will do my best.

I can only imagine how I would feel if I passed something on to someone I loved, or how they would feel if they passed something on to me.
Exactly....and it's impossible to tell if one might be asymptomatic but contagious.
Cannot believe her Dad didn't tell her to stay home, but it's a tough call.
I don't know what I would do if my spouse had died and my adult children wanted to come support me despite the risks.
2 other siblings have gathered there also, 1 has small kids(who stayed at home with mom).

Took the time to clean out the coop today and got it spread out on the field. Kinda realized that I didn't put as much bedding and straw in there as had in the past. Only took 2 manure spreader loads to get it done. That or I tossed out more of the bales from around the outside of it maybe. Giving them one more night or two under lights and then its back to being a tractor coop. Just wishing that I didn't mess up the jack on the spreader friday. Forgot to raise it up when pulling it out of the mud in the mudhole that it sets in under the manure deck and bent it all up. Fortunately, we've had that problem before with other jacks on other spreaders, and we just took off the bolt on trailer jack that we've used on the old spreader before we got this one. Hopefully Garrett will get around to putting some good stone fill into the hole and it would save us a lot of aggravation.

6:30 in the evening and all hens have gone in the coop. The steady, soft rain may have had something to do with it. Found 2 more eggs and proceeded to break one in my coat pocket. Coat is now in the washing machine.
So far I have done that twice since we started down this road with chickens.... (So I can laugh as I laughed at myself both times I did it in my jacket and utility pants.

Looks like a have a pair of Bluebirds nesting in one of my birdhouses. :D
Is that one of the houses that I made? I made about 20 blue bird houses a couple of years ago. I forget who I gave them to. Sadly, I haven't seen any sign of them nesting in the boxes that I put up here. I do have other birds using the other houses that I put up. Phoebes like my light fixtures and a pair of titmouses (titmice?) like my kitchen window sill.

I think I got the box from you, RaZ. I hope your cat doesn't get the birds nesting on your window sill.
I know it's hard resting your foot when you have so much to take care of. But, you also need your job, so don't over do too much. Would help if you can find your crutches and use them when you can to keep off your foot!
Stay safe folks. Hopefully we will see each other in June. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom