Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Just dropping in to wave to all my old Michigan peeps!!
I am in Alabama now, with more chickens than I can count and a huge huge huge garden with more weeds than I can deal with. I have enjoyed squash and cucumbers and peppers and collards from the garden so far this year- delicious, makes weeding worth it.
I hope you are all doing well!
Hi Mom! So good to see you on here! Think about you every so often. I know I couldn't survive in the heat and humidity there! Glad you are doing well!

Hi Mom! So good to see you on here! Think about you every so often. I know I couldn't survive in the heat and humidity there! Glad you are doing well!
i CANT handle the heat either, was 90 and humid today, will be all week. Gotta work outside early early or forget it. I STILL am the rooster magnet, and have more than I can deal with.. I sure do miss Robin, wish she could see me now. I have turned in to the crazy chicken lady haha

Finally got the maintenance guy in this morning and after shoving all 25 feet of his power snake into the drainpipe under our sink, our sinks drain now and we don't have water leaking out of our dishwasher. Best guess is that there was a big grease buildup in the pipe from everyone else staying home, cooking, and then sending it all down the sink, where it all kinda collected at some point just below where our pipes feed into the line. Spent the rest of the morning finally getting to clean out the bathroom and kitchen and running a lot of dishes.

And in other news, it's starting to look like I might just be getting to go back to work in maybe a month. At least that's what we're starting to think anyways. Massage Therapist are going to be one of the last things that get to go back just from all the time we spend in someone's personal space bubble, and breathing the same air.

Oh, and the guys who lease out mom's field came by today and disked it all up, spread some fertilizer out on it. Looking like they might be planting on it soon.

STAY AT HOME HAS BEEN LIFTED! We are free to leave our homes and get back to a more normal life. Still have to be smart and stay safe. I'm not rushing to the stores the minute they open.
I lived in Houston for 5 years. THE Worst 5 years of my life! The humidity is unbearable. The bugs are huge and everywhere. Hate those love bugs.
So, Mom, what brought you to Alabama? I know they sell cooling clothes but they're a little expensive to be working with the chickens and doing gardening.
I finally got my summer haircut! Just in time because it's suppose to be hot and humid today.

I lived in Houston for 5 years. THE Worst 5 years of my life! The humidity is unbearable. The bugs are huge and everywhere. Hate those love bugs.
So, Mom, what brought you to Alabama? I know they sell cooling clothes but they're a little expensive to be working with the chickens and doing gardening.
I finally got my summer haircut! Just in time because it's suppose to be hot and humid today.
I first came to Alabama for the neurologist in UAB, one of the best in the United States. To try and fix the trigeminal neuralgia that I suffered with. It was so painful and debilitating, that I was going to have brain surgery. But during the back and forth trips, I discovered that I didnt hurt when I was in the south. Marriage fell apart, so I moved- without knowing anyone, and with only what would fit in my truck. I have been here for three years.
Now I am a sales rep for veterinary supplies, have huge gardens, and 43 chickens and guineas, and I am a shape shifter that melts in the heat.

Well, so happy you are doing so much better! That must of been awful and so frustrating to go thru.
Molly, my EE, that lays brown eggs was doing great Monday. Out and about. Flying over the fence to free range in the field. Tuesday, she's laying around. I put her in the basement brooder and within a couple of hours she's dead. What the heck?? No injuries. Didn't see any bugs. I bought 4 EE two years ago. One died of having laying problems. Just stinks that they died so young. And I have one that is 8-9 years old.

Back
Top Bottom