Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

(As a Mitten State native, hope it is okay if I pop in once in a while to hear from the motherland...!)

Happy Fourth of July, Michigan peeps

View attachment 2227533

This makes me so happy to see. As a girl we'd visit our family on the other side of Big Mac every Independence Day for a big party, thanks for sharing the photo.

Very sorry to hear you've lost your mom, @uchytil.

sorry RaZ 4H might be a good place to check?
That might be a good idea. I'll have to look into it. There is also a FFA programme in this county. I'll contact them as well.
I'm going to see if the hospital has a social worker that I can talk to.
The "homeless" co-worker stopped by yesterday and said that he would be willing to babysit the critters for me. I told him that he could stay here and that I would even pay him for his troubles. The only wrinkle in the plan is that he is on the chopping block at work. So if he is stilling working he can do it. If he gets canned then it's all up in the air.

The other new issue is that I will probably need someone to be at the hospital the day I have the surgery just in case I go tits-up. Again, I'll see if the hospital has a social worker who can help. I really hate to ask anyone to waste an entire day just for "what if" thing comes up.

Hello. Mom died on Monday last, my B-Day was Friday. Had a bunch of baby goats born the same week. Hotter than Hades here but doing farming anyway. Would love to sit for RaZ but that's all the way on the other side. About it. Peace out!
I saw your posts on fb, John. I apologize for not responding to any of them.
My condolences for the loss of your Mom.
Happy belated B-day to you and Nova.
Would love to take a kid or two off your hands, but with my current situation I'm not in a position to make any commitments.
You would be welcome to stay at my place for the week that I'm supposed to be in the hospital. I could even clean up the house some before you got here. ;) LOL

Good idea...they must have some programs to serve the singles.
Who is your emergency contact?
4H and FFA probably a better bet than the 'coworker'.
I sure hope so.
My emergency contact has changed from time to time. My first heart surgery, I had a fellow BYCer in attendance. She was there for the entire 16-18 hour procedure. Then she attended my 3rd operation. Then the 2nd operation, I had another BYC person in attendance. Those surgeries were done in Ann Arbor and both Wendys were local enough to step in. Now I am too far away to even think of asking. It's rather stressful not being able to make a solid plan because I won't have the details until the Friday before the Monday procedure. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get a last-minute commitment once I get the rest of the details from the hospital on the 17th.

Right now, now my ICE is my ex-wife. She has my Power Of Attorney in case anything goes haywire. She is not happy about it but she is on-board with it. Good thing we arre still friends. LOL

Back
Top Bottom