Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Here too...it.is.divine!!!
Made bread today....and it sure was nice to have to windows open all day.
Same here. It's starting to cloud up and you can feel the change in the air. I heard some thunder earlier. I wouldn't mind seeing a nice thunderstorm.

Same here. It's starting to cloud up and you can feel the change in the air. I heard some thunder earlier. I wouldn't mind seeing a nice thunderstorm.
You might be in luck, here's the radar forecast for 10pm tonight.
1594414451119.png

I forgot to mention it yesterday. I benefited from the kindness of strangers.
I drove the old car to work. It was a beautiful hot and humid day, so I left the windows down while I put in my shift.
After work, I went back in to the store to shop. After checking out with a shit-tonne of groceries and whatnot I left the store. Two Meijer employees were at the exit. Do to the lightening storm that came in they were instructing customers to leave their carts in the vestibule and go bring their cars up to the door.
I did that. It was raining and I thought my car interior would be soaked. However, some good Samaritan had rolled my windows up. The interior was dry. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I drove the car to the front door and those two co-workers loaded every bag of stuff for me. They were doing that for every shopper. I'm so grateful for that small gesture of customer service.

Last time I wished for a good thunderstorm I got BIG trees knocked down all around my house, luckily none of them hit the house.
Enjoying the breeze today, but will be nervous for a good long while about the wind.
I can relate to that. I have so many trees around the house. All it would take is one tree to drop on the house. Some of the trees are over 70 feet tall.

Happy Birthday, Randy!
We had 1.8+ inches of rain in the rain gauge, so needed! Because it was pouring, we didn't get the birds sprayed last night, so today the merry crew of mostly extra cockerels, and some pullets, didn't go to the auction. The boys are really practicing their crowing, it's funny.
Hope to post some ads with pictures this weekend, and maybe move some on soon. Too many birds!
Mary

Beautiful sunny day here at the farm. The garden has tomatoes, watermelon, squash, and a ton of other veggies growing. The sweet corn isn't as advanced though.

Scores of insect life present. Dragonflies of every colour. Butterflies galore. Monarchs are mating and laying eggs. Found several eggs and hungry caterpillars. The swamp milkweed (Asclepias incarnata L.) is thriving. The "swamp" nickname is misleading. Mine are growing in the dry sand from end to end of my property. The common milkweed (Asclepias syriaca L.) isn't as good as it was last year but there are eggs and cats on what is there.

Lunch break is over, back out for more chores. That firewood ain't gonna stack itself.

Back
Top Bottom