Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I wouldn't hold your breathe.
Have you tried local advertising...... flyers at feed stores, craigslist, FB poultry pages?
I was told to visit here to see if anyone would be interested.
I tried fliers last year for silkie cockerels at the feed store, & no one was interested. I don't use Facebook, or Craigslist.

I tried fliers last year for silkie cockerels at the feed store, & no one was interested. I don't use Facebook, or Craigslist.

If you can, try craigslist. My current rooster if off craigslist. He also is an EE. You can arrange to meet somewhere if you dont want them to come to your farm.
I have probably picked up craigslist chickens a dozen times. Met some pretty good folks in the process.

Can be a good bet to try state thread rather than BST forum.
Others were just a suggestion(s).
No one anywhere is much interested in roosters, there are so many of them.
I usually eat mine but didn't want to this year(long story), I tried the usual suggestions with no luck.
So as a last resort I put sign out front (I live on a busy rural hwy) they were gone within 30 minutes.

I would just speak a word of caution about getting chickens from unknown sources, you do not know what kind of diseases or parasites they might bring along with them. At a minimum, birds like that should always be completely isolated from your flock for at least 3 weeks after you get them. Even then they could be silent carriers of infection such as Marek's disease.

I felt extremely fortunate this year to have rehomed all three of my extra roosters, I never expected to get rid of them and have not in previous years been able to.

Can be a good bet to try state thread rather than BST forum.
Others were just a suggestion(s).
No one anywhere is much interested in roosters, there are so many of them.
I usually eat mine but didn't want to this year(long story), I tried the usual suggestions with no luck.
So as a last resort I put sign out front (I live on a busy rural hwy) they were gone within 30 minutes.
I can't place a sign up here, it's my grandpa's house, & I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to have unwanted visits by random people when we're not here to manage the birds. But it's a good idea though. My grandpa lives on the same type of highway in farm country.

I shudder to think of the COVID surge that's gonna happen after Tday....and Xmas.
The 'Terrible 2020' will continue well into 2021.
Yep. My boss opted to close the studio for the next couple of week right after thanksgiving. Had too many close calls already, and what could be happening, probably much better for us to stay close at least until the new year when things should in theory start leveling off or lower. Have taken 2 covid tests myself, and both negative. Amy has had one after a scare at Best Buy and she's negative. And later today I gotta take Mom all the way to Livoina for her to get a Covid test done before her Colostomy on Thursday. Not sure why UM wanted to ship her all the way there, but that's what they have worked out I guess.

Back
Top Bottom