Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I shipped another 2 dozen eggs out to California today, that is my 3rd shipment this year. I hope that all 3 of the shipments result in new flocks, as I'm worried the Arkansas Blues might die out if more people don't have them. Let me know if anyone wants eggs to hatch.

I'm worried the Arkansas Blues might die out if more people don't have them. Let me know if anyone wants eggs to hatch.
I am intrigued by this breed, but I have no more room and have never hatched. If the opportunity arises next year, you will be the first person I think of for hatching eggs.

I'm still waiting for my blue chickens, but blue eggs would sure be nice too.

I've incubated and let broody birds hatch. Both ways were stressful to me. I'm not sure I will incubate again but I could be talked into letting a broody do the work.
I have 2 chanticleer(sp) roosters over the barnyard mix. I've been getting fertile eggs.

I have a lone buff orp and she went broody a couple of weeks ago. She was sitting on a nest in the tent garage. I took the eggs but she would still stay on the nest. That is until it snowed last week. That broke her.

I'm betting that at least one hen will go broody soon and/or have a secret nest. I found 3 eggs in the cab of my UTV tonight. I last used the machine on Saturday.

My d'Uccle hen is sitting on two bantam eggs, as of two days ago. She's really too small to sit on more than maybe three big eggs, but I am going to try her on some of the EE bantam chicks coming later this week. :fl
Set up the brooder in the garage today, need to fiddle with the heat source to get it right...
And a few hens are laying eggs on top of the hay stack in the barn. The guys who stacked those square bales last summer didn't know how to do it, so climbing up there is way too dangerous. Now that a few bales are gone, it's a bit safer, so those eggs will be coming down and be fresh. Finally.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom