Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hit the panic button this afternoon! cackle chicks were shipped Wednesday, and aren't here yet! MIGHT arrive in Owosso today, maybe, but then again, maybe not. Tomorrow, those chicks will likely be dead and dying, :mad: :he:mad:
They have traveled from St. Louis, to Kansas City, to Detroit, then Lansing, on their way to either Owosso, maybe today, or Perry or Owosso tomorrow. Or Monday?!
Rant over for now. Blood pressure must be up...
Mary
Oh no that is awful Mary. I hope it turns out okay for you and the chicks. Chicks by mail scare me. Fingers crossed they arrive tomorrow and will be okay.

I pulled the trigger yesterday on the tractor!!! I ended up going with the JD 1025R. I’m not sure what I was more excited about....the tractor, or the hat!!:ya. I will get it in about a month, but the front loader will not be available until July. I opted to get the self leveling loader since I have no experience with anything like this.

So excited to start working on the property and getting it into better shape. Night all!

goodoldnails.jpg
Good solution!
Lots of hard work, but probably better than trying to wrap those blocks!

Chicks finally arrived, in Perry, this morning at 8am. Cackle sent extras, but no heat pack with the birds. So far, only one dead, three probably dying, and one weak but might survive, and over 45 looking good. :weeFar better than I feared, although any losses are too many, and some might not continue to do well. Sleep will be better tonight, for sure!
Mary

Saw our first garter snake of the season last week, and love to see them! Also the first tree frogs on the windows, wonderful!
Tuesday I had a meeting in Northville at a strip mall, and on the sidewalk was a painted turtle hatchling! Totally strange, out of season, and in the wrong place. The little guy has a new home with a person who does reptiles already, and who has a very good place all set up. This early in spring, what's the deal? They shouldn't be hatching for a couple or three more months...
Mary
Our neighbors are big into reptiles and the like. They came down to buy some eggs and saw a baby turtle near the road! It was warm enough early I guess...

Back
Top Bottom