Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Dreamz, you might want to raise the pop door opening, it's a good idea to have it off the ground - at least 6" I would say, to keep the bedding from falling out. I have a removable board across the inside of the regular size door at the bottom, about 10" tall, to hold in the bedding as well.
I am planning to. At the bottom you see is the 2x4 that goes from c2c. It is nowhere close to finish at all.

Oh, how much I love you guys!!! Well, today no more than 4hrs outside. Too much and I am feeling the work in the body. Something is not right, though. X came over and he helped with last wall and covering but it is not the way I wanted it. Sucks to have people that can think on their own (just kidding).
So, this is the end of work for today and have no clue when I will get back to it:
allframesup.jpg

The east wall has a big opening to place double doors on the outside and hardwire cloth on the inside. This way I can leave it open for a while and nothing can go in.
eastwalltoreceivesun.jpg
Then we began covering the north wall. It was a pain. No matter what, my math is never right. Measured more than twice and still there are gaps. But nothing like silicone caulking to fill the holes later on.

northwallcovering.jpg Northwalloutside.jpg

Time to shower, cook, eat, and relax with some TV. Good Girls is on tonight as well as American Idol. :confused:

~Hugs~n~Kisses

Hello all,

Just joined for knowledge on raising chickens, and also to have access to the State group to ask questions. With that live in Lansing and very recently got some lovely chicks locally, 2 Buffs orpington, a lavander orpington, and a Barnevelder. Unfortunately though it looks like all but one buff is female, and the other 3 look to be roosters. Reaching out to the seller to ask if they'll take them back (wouldn't be surprised if not, and I understand), and looking at getting ready to lay hens.

Would anyone here know if there are any folks in the area that would be selling any pullets that are either ready to lay, or a few weeks old?

Love the picture, @troyer

Hi Chickynugs, welcome to the Michigan thread :)

Most chicks in northern climes are hatched out in spring and summer, and take about 20 weeks to start laying, so you may not find any ready-to-lay pullets, but there should be plenty of chicks around.

I was in the Saulte Ste Marie TSC this weekend, they had only Light Brahmas and a small number of bantam chicks (which someone swooped in and bought while we were looking at them)

@Folly's place Thanks for that, we also are not against chicks if they been sexed as female. Looking at older pullets seem to be the safest bet with that. Though we are still monitoring the 3 we have already have that we believe to be roosters based on the feathers, though they are about a week old we were told so not sure how reliable that would be. Tried to vent check, but don't think we were doing it right and didn't want to hurt the chicks.

@1muttsfan Thanks for the tidbit, we saw that TSC in Lansing had chicks, as well as Farm and Family in Mason, though ideally we were looking to get Buff Orpingtons and those seem to not be in any of the upcoming chicks of the weeks.

Back
Top Bottom