Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I went away for the weekend, dog has been on home made food but told the guys it would be OK to just feed him his dog food, not sure if it was the change of if he got into something, but diarrhea was my welcome home treat. still runny but only got me up once last night so I think it is improving. I read pumpkin works very well. haven't tried it yet.

Unfortunately pumpkin only absorbs some of the excess water in the loose stool, it does not address the cause of the diarrhea. Loose stools that last for longer than a day or two in an otherwise healthy dog probably need medical treatment. If the pet is unhealthy or fragile in some way, probably sooner.
Hopefully she feels better soon!

Last night (Wednesday) I saw shadows on the front window sill. I thought it was the cat wanting to come in. Nope. The shadow was one of three young raccoons eating the peanuts left over from the squirrels and birds. One little guy sat there staring at me as if expecting a special treat. We were about 2 feet apart. After several seconds he/she moseyed away.
Tonight there were 2 little bandits on the window sill again. Same scenario. They checked me out before ambling away., Not a care in the world it seemed.

About 1/2 hour later the motion light went on. This time it was an opossum. Similar reaction. Another woodland creature with little fear of me.
I'm hoping that these visitors will stay towards the front of the house and not venture the 100 feet behind the house to where the chicken coop is. However the .22 is close at hand just in case they decide to check out the hen house. As long as they don't cause any problems I'm fine with co-existing. I love living here in the woods.

OMG! I am back. Awefull to be without a computer for days. I have no clue how to begin but came here first. My hard drive crashed and lost everything. Had to take PC in and had a new one install. I can't remember any freaking password of anything. This is not good. So I will try to do it this afternoon and just sit with a notepad and write every new password that I can do on places I remember to go,lol Miss ya all a lot. Chickens are still inside. X re-enforcing the floor and I am working on the last paintings on the inside. Fence went up around the house but now a neighbor said it was 6 inches on his property. Sucks but will find a way to get the 1K to pay a surveyor and will put fence right and on the side I was not putting one. He can kiss my puertorrican toes now. I was leaving his side without a fence but now they do not need to have view nor access to my property.
Anyways, health is ok and trying to do as much as possible. I had worked on cutting the grass and some bushes that I have no care for. See ya all later.

~Hugs~n~Kisses~

Passwords; A friend uses the Norton password site, and hates it! I'm old school, and have an actual paper notebook in a safe location with every password we have. The ones i use all the time, easy to remember. The others, not so much. And if I'm ill for some reason they aren't lost forever.
Glad you're back!
Computers are great while they work...
Mary

Hi, Mary, you are so right. I am not a computer savvy but I know my ways around somewhat. But there are other things that I have no clue. I am not happy now the way it is. I went to a new place and it is working but I am taking it next week to the place I trust and know even if I have to drive an hour to get there. I just took the old hard drive to see if they can remove all that is in there. My whole life is in there from medical and military stuff to legal stuff and pictures, all of the pictures. I hope I can get them back all because the chicks pics, I want to make a collage and print it for their coop.

I have a password software but lately in the past few years, it was through google into my computer. But you are right, better on paper, especially lately that I forget everything, lol I have changed my google password like 6 times in one month. Oh, well, Have to admit I am not getting any younger and technology is really leaving me behind,lol
X is still under the coop. I just painted the perch and so funny, I asked him to do like what you sent me for a board under the perch and I swear it looks nothing like the picture. He did his version of it. When I asked him, he rebutted with " will it hold the poop?" so I have no other answer but "yes" I put a piece of linoleum over it and he will do the closing of the sides. He is going to close the area of the pop door with wire in the meantime so they can stay inside the coop even if there is no coming out yet. He still needs to put the window and the east side opening.
We had a big delay with the fencing of the property and even that is in a halt because I have to get a surveyor. It is what it is. Spoke about the bolts but he is doing his thing and putting more stands for the floor. there are 12 legs now holding that thing. Seems like it became too heavy for the first 6 that were on. I will keep you guys posted.

@riss no pictures of your chickens yet?

Back
Top Bottom