Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

@Dreamzchaser, your prayers are appreciated, thank you.

Mara seems to be doing better today. Yesterday, a friend went to their vet in Holland and bought us a bag of the recommended prescription food ($40 for 7 lbs!), and drove it out to us. And refused being reimbursed.

She's having normal poops, has more energy, and has NOT had any more seizures. :celebrate

I don't know how much rain we had, but enough to dampen the soil a few inches deep. Time to plant potatoes! Except I did something to my back while I was digging the holes, so I had to stop. Hopefully tomorrow will be tater planting day.

A great weekend to be outside, even go to the upper 60's here yesterday. Most of the Daffodils have finally bloomed. Lots of garden cleanup done. The chickens were out and very busy in the yard, woods and garden.

Did not get to the little coop though. I must clean that up, as I now have a solid broody Erminette who needs to go in there with eggs. This is the good hen who hatched for me last summer. I was supposed to get some shipped Bantam Speckled Sussex eggs last week, but they went from Tennessee, to South Carolina, back to Tennessee, then into another dimension. So disappointing. The breeder is sending again this week - fingers crossed. Shipped eggs will go in the incubator along with some Arkansas Blues, and Mamma will get another dozen AB's. That way if I get a decent incubator hatch I may be able to shuffle them all under her.

2 year old Cubalaya cock.
IMG_2379.JPG

I don't take many chick pics anymore, but had to take some other pics so grabbed a few shots of chicks, they are very skittish. They are 6(BCM) and 7 weeks old(Brahma).
View attachment 2672797
I love those white ones with black edges! OMG they are so beautiful! They have feathers on their legs too? That is the only thing I do not like on chickens. They look cute but like someone might say, "not my cup of tea"

@Dreamzchaser, your prayers are appreciated, thank you.

Mara seems to be doing better today. Yesterday, a friend went to their vet in Holland and bought us a bag of the recommended prescription food ($40 for 7 lbs!), and drove it out to us. And refused being reimbursed.

She's having normal poops, has more energy, and has NOT had any more seizures. :celebrate

I don't know how much rain we had, but enough to dampen the soil a few inches deep. Time to plant potatoes! Except I did something to my back while I was digging the holes, so I had to stop. Hopefully tomorrow will be tater planting day.
Sally, that is amazing! I believe and sometimes, the Spirit lead us to do this for people for no reason at all. We all need special angels (people) at times. Consider that friend a blessing in disguise. You can do a "pay it forward" for another person or just being thankful for it is more than enough. For those of us who are Spirit lead, it is hard to not obey those prompts. For our Word says that being against the Spirit will lead us to eternal sin. I am sorry for posting this because it may not be pleasurable to someone.

Sorry about your back. I have done nothing but chicken coop and left shed and garden completely undone. I guess another year with nothing. Just take it easy and do as you can. There is always a tomorrow!

A great weekend to be outside, even go to the upper 60's here yesterday. Most of the Daffodils have finally bloomed. Lots of garden cleanup done. The chickens were out and very busy in the yard, woods and garden.

Did not get to the little coop though. I must clean that up, as I now have a solid broody Erminette who needs to go in there with eggs. This is the good hen who hatched for me last summer. I was supposed to get some shipped Bantam Speckled Sussex eggs last week, but they went from Tennessee, to South Carolina, back to Tennessee, then into another dimension. So disappointing. The breeder is sending again this week - fingers crossed. Shipped eggs will go in the incubator along with some Arkansas Blues, and Mamma will get another dozen AB's. That way if I get a decent incubator hatch I may be able to shuffle them all under her.
I wish it stays around 60's down here but that will be wishful thinking, :fl It has been in the 70's and this week might go up to 80's. Lots of traffic around with those that are enjoying the sand dunes around the area.
I do not think the shipping is safe lately for the poor animals or eggs! Summer is here and it is so hot for them to be in a box up and down who knows where. Just me!

Good Morning lovelies!

I think I am all up to date on the posts. I was going to removed my computer and take it to the shop but they open at 10am so I have some time. I am trying to load up some pictures. It has been 2 nights that my ladies are outside. The window gets cover opened in the morning and down at night. They are having fun with the space. They run around after each other. Funny, I think they are trying to figure out who is the kahuna of them all. Sophia has no chance. She is ran by all of them. Funny how they confront each other and ruffle their necks. Seems like a cock fight which is illegal now but back when I was growing up, it was a sport. Blanch, the fluffy cheeks and green legs confronted Phoebe, the white leghorn and Blanch lower her head after a second. Interesting to watch.

So here is the north side opening where the pop door will go. We closed it with a metal thing he had and used hardware cloth and covered that opening. Then we put a piece of cover that is used on RV's for water protection and made it like a curtain that opens and closes to let them see outside, get air and light.
20210515_145939.jpg
We cover as many openings and crack that could. There are a few but I can caulk them with the girls inside. SO I put the last of the shavings down and it was not enough.
20210515_174037.jpg
So I compensated with alfalfa hay that I had for the run. They eat out of it so I guess it was fine.
20210515_181330.jpg
Here is the perching with the board version of my husband,lol I cannot put the PDZ because it will fall between the boards and end up in the floor. "but it does holds poop"
I might re-do this on my own later on when he is nowhere to be around, :confused:
20210515_170204.jpg

Here is Sophia getting some water before being chased again, :lau
20210515_182413.jpg
Rose my rooster looking turken, I think she is the big momma.
20210515_182509.jpg
But she kind of steps down in front of Phoebe. Phoebe can ruffle those neck feathers big time, :lau:lau
20210515_182533.jpg

I tried the little Tia and Tamera, the Golden Laced Seabrights but they were confronted by all of them and picked on them, so I have them inside until they get a little older and can defend themselves better.
Those are my girls! Now I hope to get all of my pictures back from the old hard drive so I can make pictures and frame them in their home. I still have to put the nest boxes, a stair for the perch because it is too tall for them as it is and husband made it too high and permanent and also hang their food and water. They are making all kinds of messes in there. Then figure out a place to make like a storage of their food. It is in aluminum cans now but inside my house by the kitchen door. They do lot let me hold them anymore. My girls have grown up!

Back
Top Bottom