Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Phoebe gave me this surprise 2 days ago.
20210725_125810.jpg

I am not doing too well. Spent 22 months in hidding to avoid getting sick and at the end, I get the flu. Anyways, it has been very difficult for me lately. Many thing going on. Wish I had a magic wand. Checked on the pavers and it will cost me pretty penny for the size of the coop. They are almost 4 bucks each and would need about 30. Can I put 2 bags of rocks(7.99ea) under the coop? Or I might just have to close it shut. I love you all and miss you. This old lady is going to bed again.

~Hugs~and~Kisses~

CONGRATULATIONS Riss! I agree with everyone. This is a once in a lifetime moment for you and your family as being proud of you. I understand that after this pandemic, things have been so different. However, take if for what is worth. You mom wants to show you off, enjoy your accomplishments and celebrate you and with you. Those are the little moments that we all take for granted and the only ones we take when we retire out of this world. We all love you and I can see that we would all come to party with you if we could. You kind of have grown here and I see that you are our kid too. We all love you!
Thank you and yeah I just probably going to tolerate it. I don't see it being a big turn out though

Thank you and yeah I just probably going to tolerate it. I don't see it being a big turn out though
Trust me baby girl, it will make an impact in your family. Do not do anything that you might regret one day. I am a mom and a daughter. I disappointed my family that way also. I have yet seen my kids grad from anything either and it is devastating because it makes me wonder what have I done wrong.

we don't need to, except from the bottom section - though I don't follow (c).... and (d) is only in regard to eating eggs, not for hatching. Though you don't want to sell rot eggs through the mail.View attachment 2776257
I was talking about eating eggs.
How is (c) done, anyways? Do you buy labels, or right it on cartons?

I wouldn't sell rotten eggs to a customer that comes to our house.

Also, I have only 35 laying hens.

Good morning all and hope everyone is having a good week.

Been busy here trying to catch up on outside chores, visiting with family/friends from out of town, and working to rid my house of these terrible fruit flies that just showed up in my kitchen😳. They are EVERYWHRE!! I’ve never had them before. I have no food sitting out, I put a dish of AVC and dish soap covered in plastic wrap with holes poked in it. That seems to work a bit but they are multiplying.

Butterscotch went lame…AGAIN!!! She’s a trooper though. I wonder if this time is result of the clash between the bigs and the littles last week. I am going to keep an eye on her as always and perhaps lower the outside perch. She may have had a hard landing on a hop down which doesnt explain her first incident of lameness when she was in the little coop. She just might be fragile.

There have been no additional outbreaks of madness in the flock since the first episode of the bigs showing the littles who’s boss, but im prepared for the next dust up. I will keep up the divider fence for a while to give the littles cover although they are starting to get a bit confident. Hopefully not too confident.🙂

I used the mower on the tractor for the first time yesterday! It is awesome!! My property is in need of being regraded as well as continued monitoring of where the rocks are sticking up to zing my blade. I have collected a ton of rocks sized from the size of your fist to the size of you head. In either case they can wreak havoc on a mower blade. I’m contsantly combing the path to find them. I’d like to repurpose them in the garden or around the coop as a border.

@Sally PB…How is your garden coming along? I have harvested a few early tomatoes from mine and see a couple of little cucumbers growing along with a mess of peppers. I use the term garden loosely as I planted a few plants in 3 gallon pots due to poor soil, or lack of any soil, and not sure where I wanted a permanent garden.

@riss…you will make the right decision. You are a bright young person and have a wonderful future ahead of you. Silly is totally right, live with no regrets. You will never regret the decisions you made and learned from (well unless you land in jail😱). How is your tiny house coming along?

@Dreamzchaser….I hope you get the much deserved rest you need. Unfortunately, we cant live in a bubble and now that everyone is returning to some sort of normal, those bugs that we avoided over the past year will come back in a wave. Work on your rest and immunity.

Have a good day everyone. I hope the humidity comes down a bit but looks like a pretty day in MI. Enjoy

I was talking about eating eggs.
How is (c) done, anyways? Do you buy labels, or right it on cartons?

I wouldn't sell rotten eggs to a customer that comes to our house.

Also, I have only 35 laying hens.
I went to a farm market stand that had baked zucchini breads and other baked goods and had a label on them that said this product has not been inspected by the health department.

I bet you could simply run a label through your printer with the messaging. Sad it has come down to that. But there is no label on store bought eggs that states the product has been washed in a bleach solution that could cause harm or that the highly process junk that can survive years without rot are harmful. Dont get me wrong I loved a good ol Twinkie in my day, but come on!!

I went to a farm market stand that had baked zucchini breads and other baked goods and had a label on them that said this product has not been inspected by the health department.

I bet you could simply run a label through your printer with the messaging. Sad it has come down to that. But there is no label on store bought eggs that states the product has been washed in a bleach solution that could cause harm or that the highly process junk that can survive years without rot are harmful. Dont get me wrong I loved a good ol Twinkie in my day, but come on!!
I can't use my printer, or computer. Haven't used them in years.
We don't have blank stickers for that either.

Exactly, there's only the Brand label, & safe handling instructions.

Back
Top Bottom