Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Good Morning!
I am sadden that all this is going on. @riss nothing is ever the same evn though history repeats itself. Hard to see that many do not even notice. But like Michelle said, it is hard to say needless to acknowledge that all this happenned once and many are not taking heed to history.
I personally do not think the Johnson vaccine was as strong as they made it to be. However it was something. I got the phizer, yet still wear a mask everywhere yet, got the stupid flu. Hard because the symptoms are so close that it could be cataloged as Covid. One thing is when the media and leaders make it seen as something impossible to overcome aznd people prefer not to be scared but it is something to be alarmined and cautious about. Dogs carry a sort of covid but we are not to fear. It is the mutation. Now we see this D variant that is going against all odds. But people prefer their freedom to do their usual even if they are stupid considering the times we are living.

Having children, it is ok. as long as you are cautious and alert and teach them not to be followers but leaders and be vigilant of their surroundings. There has never been a safe world and there will never be. So Riss, it is ok to have kids. Now not being able to tolerate you parents that much, well, we all agree and know that we all wanted to be away, as far away from parents. It is a fact of life and there is no denial. But then again, a time comes when they are nolonger around and we wish they were. We remember stuff they said even the silly ones and miss them.

@Mfranks Michelle, I have to agree with you. There is no such thing as a 7 day food poisoning. But people will say what seems more convenient. Apparently, as I read yesterday on google and do not quote me on this, that parts of Michigan will need togo back to masking up. Sad but necessary. I strongly believe, I am not into politics please, that the begining of this, the full closed of teh State was necesarry and a lot of people fought against it. Alll we have to do is read the complete story of the Spanish Flu. It lasted 2 years 1918-1920. And it is believed that is avian, Oh Lord and we all have chickens, :lau There were no vaccines and people never properly applied the CDC recomendations, just like today's. I think is not about not being able to see people but more of be aware and take the necessary cautions to the letter and we should pull through.

@aart You had me laughing and all I was thinking was, "next time give it a kick" Glad all is ok on your neck of the woods. Yeah, we need to make sure we do not get those nasty food spoilers with all this moisture in the air.

All is ok so far on this side of town as far as I can see when I drive by, :idunnoYesterday the lady at the court told me to leave my documents and phone number and she will contact me once she knows what the next step should be. I had a very hard and difficult divorce over 10 years ago. In the process, I lost everything including my baby. A lot of lies were told and the judge was a friend of the mistress at the time. I was ordered to pay child support. It was devastating to teh poit that I considered to kill myself. But by the grace of God I didn't. Ten years forward and living a hell like life, I am in the hole for over 7K. I am disable and he received 4k first and then is receiving more than what the child support estipulated in court 16 years ago. They are still charging me no matter what and I am trying to have this fixed. I cannot get a passport to go to missions nor Canada for the 2022 games. I know it is called soccer here but the whole world calls it Futbol and I love that sport. World cup will be in 2022 and will be hosted by US, Canada and Mexico. I want to save money to go at least to one live game. Even if US do not participate,lol The male team is horrible. They did not qualified for the 2020 world cup. But the female team is amazing!

Anyways, I have a video appointment with Ann Arbor this morning and made a big effort to be up. The girls were perplexed this morning. I have been letting them out past 7am and today, they were astonished I opened the door exactly at 6am. :eek: They are back in theri temp run becauseof the big holes under the coop. They keep getting bigger and bigger. @aart @Mfranks @RaZ would it be ok to put rocks under the coop by the studs? and filling up the holes with them? I cannot afford pavers at this time.
undercoop1.jpg undercoop2.jpg undercoop3.jpg undercoop4.jpg undercoop5.jpg undercoop6.jpg

Yes…inquiring minds would like to know. I would love to match faces with the avatars! Based on articles im reading…we could be looking at lockdowns again in the fall. Did you ever imagine living 2 years of your life and not seeing people. Of course some of you are living a normal life.

My firm wont let me travel to see clients and only work from home doing conference calls and Zoom meetings. A colleague of mine, 36 yo, vaccinated, has a severe case of covid. I just want a day not having to worry about this stuff. My parents are in their 80s and I would love not to have to worry about them.
We should all come together and land on Michelle's :lau

We love you Michelle!!:love:love:love

Some folks get less tolerant of bull pucky as they age. And as you age you have more troublesome responsibilities - like children, if you are fortunate.
I think it is because as we age we learn better ways and do not want to spend more time in things that are not relevant to us? IDK but I can only speak of myself. I can tolerate a lot and I mean a lot but there are things that I will not budge for nothing in the world, :lau

The way I see things going is not less tolerant aging people but more freedom young people. Again, this is my point of view only.

Was wondering how the house build was going...
... but now you are saving money for a vacation?<scratcheshead>
It was an impulse vacation. Vacation itself is going to cost be roughly $900 cause we are splitting it half with my friend who's going. Plus I got the grad party coming up so there is some money flow there

View attachment 2753631

The only thing not here is the access panel, which goes under where the second nest box is. I was going to use hardware cloth for this, but I had a piece of chicken wire that fit the area with very little cutting.

Darl, my roo, is giving me the stink eye for being in the way so much today.
Handsome rooster.
View attachment 2762288
John Deere’s little sister “Jane Doe” finally arrived!! It’s raining on an off here today. I can play on the tractor in the rain right??!!:gig:gig:gig

I'm almost jealous. You play in the rain if you want too..

Back
Top Bottom