Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I write on the carton that they haven't been washed and should be washed before use. wouldn't take much more to add they aren't produced in an inspected facility... but I know who I sell to mostly, so I don't put anything on the carton for them cause they know the deal.
You can get blank egg cartons at TSC, FFH etc. If you want to get fancy and spend the extra $on cartons and labels you certainly can, but for me the cost of selling eggs with recycled egg cartons from the store and the going rate for eggs barely cover the cost of feed.
I made custom stamps, & got blank labels. Blank labels are for my stamps for my plastic half dozen cartons.

I reuse cartons, especially the ones from the store too. I also order blank cartons from Amazon.

I have made a quite abit of money selling eggs, actually. Almost $200. I'm at a slow streak with no one buying eggs at the moment, but it takes patience.

I will need more chickens to sell eggs.Out of 7, only 3 maybe 4 laing at molasses pace will never work.
I have 35 laying hens, & 21 roosters, so 56 birds total.

So, yeah, more hens are definitely needed for good egg Production for selling.

It will take, at the current rate of lay and charges, about 30 years for the chickens to pay off the cost of building and fitting out the coops and runs. Good thing they pay lots of good karma.

My friend and I sell eggs for $2.50 a dozen from the office where I work, washed only if necessary, refrigerated. They sell out quickly.

I have 35 laying hens, & 21 roosters, so 56 birds total.

So, yeah, more hens are definitely needed for good egg Production for selling.
I do not think that I have the space, needless to say the township ordinance are so stupid. A friend from Whitehall can only have 3.
Then again, 7 drive me crazy, I cannot imagine 56. I would love to have 20 -25. :p

We found that putting the hardware cloth up first, and the woven wire over that on the outside was easier. Your welded wire might work either way.
I was worried about chicks possibly getting stuck in the woven wire if it was on the inside. Also, wanted the stronger wire outside.
Mary
Lol love this. I put the hardwire first but then the third line, I stuck the chicken wire under the top of the second line of hardwire. :lau Does that counts? :D

Back
Top Bottom