Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Power finally came back on around 3:00 today. (Sunday). It's been out since Tuesday night.
Pitch black night contributed for a fall in the dark with resulting trip to ER. This has been a bad week. This has been a worse month.

So much needs to be cleaned up here. Both inside and out. It was so cold the past few nights. I still don't feel warm. I need firewood inside but I'm still banged up. Maybe tomorrow.

Hmm. Thought that was posted yesterday. I'm still out of sorts today. Power is on and so is the day's pain. I was really hoping that it would be reduced after the shots from the ER yesterday. It would have been nice to come home with the prescription meds yesterday. But Meijer wasn't filling prescriptions yesterday. They devoted their sparse crew to giving the third COVID shots instead.

I hope I can get my meds today. Every part of me has something out of sorts.

Hmm. Thought that was posted yesterday. I'm still out of sorts today. Power is on and so is the day's pain. I was really hoping that it would be reduced after the shots from the ER yesterday. It would have been nice to come home with the prescription meds yesterday. But Meijer wasn't filling prescriptions yesterday. They devoted their sparse crew to giving the third COVID shots instead.

I hope I can get my meds today. Every part of me has something out of sorts.
Don't know what to say Raz, you need a keeper.Maybe you can find a coworker that needs a place to stay, cheep rent if they help with chores.

Well that went well. A couple of guys came out from the plumbing & heating shop. They fixed the reset switch on the water heater and cleaned the elements so I don't have to worry about going down in the crawl space anymore to reset the damn thing.
They also inspected and cleaned the furnace for winter.
Service charge was reasonable and they bill it from the office. Now all that is left is to get a new thermostat, water softener, and RO filters. I'll call later in the week and see about getting that started before it starts to get too cold.
I hope I can get this crap-box house put into some kind of functional order. So much has been out of order for so damn long. Basically two years of nonstop severe depression it seems.

That will never happen. There is no one who could ever tolerate me. Just ask anyone who has ever known me. :gig
We do love you Raz. If I was not that far, I would come one day a week to help out until weather gets worse or you can do better. JUst get well and the rest will come. Ask for help. There is no shame on that. I do go to AA, (Ann Arbor) on the 25th October to get my socond shot from hell (shingles) and the dermatologist and should be done by 11 am. Message me if you would like some help. I can put my boots in the car and some raggedy clothes. I know you might say no but I will be not that far and I am offering to help. I might not be able to do a hercules of a job, but I can carry stuff around and clean and cook. I would help anyone from this group. You guys are amazing and I will do whatever it takes for any of you guys.

~Hugs~

On another note,

I am not sure Blanch is molting. It might be that she is been pecked on but cannot tell for sure and by who A feew ago, Phoebe (leghorn) pecked Rachel's (RIR) feet to get her to move in the roost bar and had to go in and check and she was bleeding. I brought her inside and washed her good and put neosporin and bandaid. OMG it was hilarious because I am no chicken nurse. Anyways she healed and all was fine. However last night she began with th same non-sense to Monica (ISA) and Phoebe (NN), so I was upset already for not sleeping well, so I found the god crate and with no pan under it, I shoved her in there for the night. She had to sleep on the floor until 6am. I let her out of the crate and went back to bed. Notice she got up in the roost and guess did not say a word about it. She just waited until the door opened this morning. It hurts me to give her a time out but she is hurting the others for no reason. They have 8.5 ft fromone side to the other to roost. The house is 8.5 by 10ft, so there is plenty of room for 5 normal size hens and 2 pigeons (seabrights).
need2paintthiscoop.jpg

At least they do not fight over one nest box. They go to the next available stall, :lau

nofightingovernestgroup.jpg

I did got them a pumpkin today. I do not decorate for halloween ever since I remember nor ever went for candy unless I was buying at the store with my dad. SO there were places that were selling them for 8 dollars. I found them at 3.49 at Family Home and got one. Hung it in teh run and made a few holes in it to get them started. They have been busy with it. I also take them out freely for about an hour a day before winter comes. Then they go in and they go back to their run until lights in teh coop go on and then door closes. I still check with the cameras to make sure things are ok.
pumkinplaytime2.jpg pumkinplaytime.jpg
I still need to pain the coop but I think it will be next summer. Temps are too low to pain..
I also began insulating some walls inside.
insulationbegins092521.jpg

They do not wonder off when I let themout wich is good so far.
nowonderingoff.jpg

Love you all! Feedback is always appreciated to become a better chicken mom!

~Hugs~and~Kisses~

Back
Top Bottom