Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I really appreciate how you have extended yourself to get good pictures for me. I will have to pass on him. That wing deformation is more than likely an actual defect that could get passed on by breeding him, maybe not in the first generation, but somewhere down the line it will show up again. With being a color breeder to some extent, the white in the flight feathers is a major no no. I have experienced both the flight feathers being out of alignment and the extra white in the wing in my breeding efforts. I still have issues even after 14 years of trying to breed out improper wing feather alignment. It'll disappear for a few years and then it will show up again just when you think you're completely clear of it. I had a cockerel show up with it this year after five years of not having it. What I've been doing is keeping record of where it comes from and elimimating all that breeding stock. After 14 years of trying to deal with it by breeding away from it, I have about come to the conclusion that it's almost impossible. The white in the flight feathers is also difficult to get rid of down the line.
I don't think this wing alignment issue is genetic, since I did have an all day power outage at the beginning of the incubation period. It has actually improved abit on it's own, he almost had what looked like angel wings, but it has improved from that point.

His Keel bone is almost nonexistent since his breasts are very full, & bulky. He's like a football. He'd be a good breeder for meat birds.

If you know of anyone who may want him, let me know?

If you want, I can test breed him, to see if he produces offspring with this issue, or not. This will either prove, or disprove if it's actually genetic, or just an incubation issue.

Last edited:
Hi Lovelies! Sorry I was gone for so long. It has been one heck of a ride. I must apologize to so many. I have not had time to go to the post office to send some packages either.
The cancer has been all scraped down. Not on me but on the Hub. He is such a chicken when it comes to needles. Anyways, it was snowing bad on our late way back from Ann Arbor. I have to go back on Monday and it has been predicted an 80% snow. I guess I am leaving at 6am to go 30 on 96 East. and the same back.
Mary I has not forgotten my promise. You count on me early spring. Sally and Michelle I will be hitting that post office on Saturday for sure. Rose, you better put pics of your Chritmas decorations. I know you love to go wild on decor,lol
I was not able to get the steroid shots due to C19 booster pending. So they gave me the booster on Monday and on the 17 I go back to get my steroids. The girls are doing fine. Sophia is molting on the top of her head, so now we both match for winter hair do's,lol Have a wonderful evening. Love ya and miss you all.
~Hugs~and~Kisses~

endof2021.jpg
2ftofhairgone.jpg newendof2021.jpg Sophiaswinterlook1.jpg

Love your hair, Dream!
I do too! :love

My reaction was to the handful of hair that came off. It reminded me of when I got a lot of hair cut off, and I asked the stylist to show it to me. I felt something like, "Wow, that's been there all along, and I never saw it like this before!" :eek:

Freya has her follow up appointment at the vet today. The diarrhea is gone, thanks to the dewormer. The ears still seem to bother her, so I bet we're going to be doing ear drops for a couple more weeks, at least. She is very good about them.

TEE is complete. Had a couple of cute nurses assisting. Follow up with Dr. on the 21st. He thinks that my aortic valve is leaking. I'll know for sure on the 21st.

It's a grey & gloomy day. Snow has all melted away. The ground hasn't frozen yet so I have a muddy mess. The ducks like it but the chickens? Not so much. At least the weather doesn't thwart the wild birds from visiting the feeders. That always brightens up the day.

Back
Top Bottom