Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Sunny and 40+.
Ran errands for essentials.
Now gonna indulge in deli fried chicken and coleslaw,
then out to hopefully get the tractor mobile.

We have 2 small cherry and apple trees, not yet bearing. I have some fence around them, but they're taller than that now. So I took the left over chicken wire and 2x3 fence from the run partition and covered the tops of the trees to keep the deer from browsing them.

It would be absolutely awesome to get some cherries next summer! Apples are a few years out, I think.

Good luck on the tractor, @aart! Sending positive waves! :fl:fl

Good luck on the tractor, @aart! Sending positive waves! :fl:fl
Good Job, it worked...Thanks!

WooFrickinHoo!!!
Steering repaired and tractor is back in the garage!
1638641146026.png

Wind is fierce here, and when the snow comes down it is in hard little frozen pellets - like getting peppered with 20 MPH peas. Very pretty swirling around in the back yard, but sounds like rain on the roof. Although it's 31 degrees it feels much colder. I think I'm done with yard prep for the season, except for the ladder in the woods (left there after having to rescue the cat from trees several times this fall, the idiot).

Somehow I missed everything here since Thanksgiving, so just caught up. Computer issues, always so fun...
Today it's sunny, and windy, and mid'30s, so it's the last day for me to spread wood chips around the newly planted bulbs and stuff. Not frozen yet, but it will be soon.
More trees and shrubs need trimming too, all that.
The chickens are out again, that hawk seems to have left, at least for now.
There's a list somewhere of veterinarians who will see poultry, by county. I'll look for it.
Mary

Saw an ailing goldfinch this afternoon, at our front window. Puffed up, no gooey eyes or nose (yet), maybe hit the window. I hope! Anyway, removed our bird feeders, called near neighbors who will also remove their feeders, and plan to keep our flock inside (again!) for a couple or three weeks.
Maybe an overreaction, but if it is MG, might keep the chickens safe...
Scary!
Mary

DH and I moved some wood for a couple hours this afternoon. He rigged up a cable system to pull a cart bed (minus the wheels) across the creek and ravine. It works very well!

I'm feeling my triceps now. I pulled the full cart across and unleaded the wood into the trailer. He split some of the really big logs and loaded the cart. We both worked hard.

Back
Top Bottom