Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

There is a very fine snow coming down. Just a frosting on the porch. Temperature is holding right at freezing. Radio says that any accumulation will be less than an inch or it could turn to rain. Roll the dice, I guess. Tomorrow could get nasty they say.
That figures. I have an early appointment with the ortho doc in the next county. I hope I have enough gas to get there and back. I haven't received my allowance from Uncle Sam yet. :barnie

Near miss here in the yard. Predator bird just missed a hen by the porch. Got the flock all excited but they are safe under the porch. I couldn't ID the attacker but it was quite large. Hawk? Owl? Eagle? IDK

The birds will have to be cooped for the next few days in case the attack bird comes back. Living in the woods does have a few challenges.

Especially when they gave the Vikings their last touchdown. 4th and <1, on their own 30 yd line. They went for it. 🤦‍♀️ Of course they didn't get it... Vikings take over, end up 4 points ahead.

And yet, and yet... the Lions managed to win it.

Glad that bird missed! I've had them return three to four days later, so keeping them in longer is best.
Mary
I agree. I kind of hate to keep them cooped up because I'll have to put the water fount inside and the ducks are so messy. I'll have to jury rig a catch pan under the waterer. I have a snow saucer that I think will work.

Back
Top Bottom