Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Thank you. Med is not working yet. No, asking for a friend in GR. I alreasy have Pitbull. Would had been nice to keep the sebright line but I already have Pitbull and he is a very good roo so far.

Now tomorrow need to drop my truck because it is not marking the gas correctly. Marked me half tank and could only put 4 bucks on it. Its pouring right now but I know that God will bring me some peace soon. Too many thing have stressed out. Thank for your prayers.

Lol Baby mama is walking around all puffed up. Then she disappeared. Found her laying on her box over a ceramic egg. Can I let her have chicks right where she is at? She is only with Lil mama and Pitbull. I already have the wood to make their quarters a big bigger. The Wyndottes do not need much and they are bately laying eggs. I might only leave 4 eggs if so. Two of each sebright. Curious of the offspring of a sebright and cubalaya,lol Never have seen eggs hatch in real life,just videos. It must be a true gift of life!

You won't see them hatch under a hen, but it is great fun and wonderful to see a good mama with her babies.

I usually separate broodies, they prefer to be left undisturbed by the other birds, and other hens will sometimes get into the nest and lay extra eggs (not good), break eggs (worse), or drive mama off the eggs (also bad).

Hello all, new chicken owner in Ann Arbor Michigan. We welcomed 10, 2 day old Black Australorp pullets exactly 4 weeks ago. We ordered through TSC website from Hoovers Hatchery in Illinois.

Raised indoors for the first four weeks in a fish tank and rabbit pen.

Just moved them to our screened in porch in a huge stock tank with a 2 inch thick plastic lid with small open slats with weight plates on top overnight to be predator proof.

We were on rooster watch but seems to be an all lady gang so far so likely just eggs for us until we get used to raising chicks!

Thanks for the invite to say hello!

Back
Top Bottom