Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Anyone want more cuteness?
I counted 14. There are still 11 eggs in the nest; most likely duds. I'll candle them to be sure.

Edit to correct typos.

Attachments

• 2day4.jpg
    2day4.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 2day3.jpg
    2day3.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 2day2.jpg
    2day2.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 22day1.jpg
    22day1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I won't flood you guys with more duckling pictures. I let everyone out of the coop this morning as usual. Chickens all blasted out as they usually do. Then the ducks came out with a parade of littles waddling down the ramp. All of the newbies are eating and drinking. With that many little ones to feed and water I had to change the fount. Did that and then took a peek in the coop. Two ducklings were with the nest eggs. They must have hatched after the moms went outside. I took them out to meet moms and siblings. There are 7 eggs left in the nest. 3 hatched since the first group came out. That makes 17 ducklings so far.

I'll have to make a run today for more feed and a couple of founts. I'm have tempted to pick up a few chicks for my broody hen. None of the eggs she was sitting on were viable. A couple broke and every egg was covered with goo. Every thing got tossed. Dang it.

Very nice duckies, sorry about those chicken eggs. Lots of babies as it is!
Don't tempt me to get chicks for one of my broodies!
Mary
I had no adult supervision when I went to TSC for feed. Six (6) Mystic Marans followed me home. I put them with the broody hen. Initially, she is rejecting them. She is sitting on the duck nest.

What are you going to do with all those ducklings, RaZ??
I have no flipping idea. There were two (2) when I opened the coop. Then there was a newly hatched duckling when I go home. It was still damp from the hatching. I took it to the momma ducks to join the others. Both hens took control of the new chick. I'm closely watching how things are going. Yup, I'm a helicopter dad. :)

Back
Top Bottom