Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Mine are (still) all enclosed, as they have always been. Once again, I'm glad I don't free range, though the thought did cross my mind this last summer (again).

Mary, Snowbird is doing fine here! What a handsome guy he is. He doesn't run as far from me as he did at first, but he still stays away from "the giant who brings food." What a good boy, and I tell him so. :)

Oh boy. What a day it's been this weekend. Spent Saturday cutting up a big red oak that fell on the far end of the property. Some very large rounds hauled out of the woods. I have a lot to split over the next few days. Certainly going to need fire wood this season. Started a fire again this evening. Weather report says we may get frost tonight. So I brought in the house plants that spent the summer outside. Temperature is dropping quickly with the setting sun. I'm not liking this colder weather. So many joints are crying out.

It didn't help that there were only 2 of us at work today. Lots of heavy lifting to get the trailer unloaded. Both my partner and I are over 60. We can still outwork most younger people there. But damn it gets tiring. Only did a little yard work when I got home. I think I'll be in bed shortly after closing up the chickens tonight.

I have the next 3 days off but I'm on call in case someone calls in. Another furnace contractor is coming out Wednesday to give me a quote. I'm desperately trying for a loan or subsidy or grant for a new furnace. Can't go through winter without a functioning furnace. I'm getting worried. So much for the golden years, eh?

Hi guys. Got up yesterday all hell broke loose here and over there,lol literally. Big disagreement with hub. The neighbor. Told them what their kids are doing and he went super bipolar on me. Anyways will be early in township to see what I can do to request a special permission to get a 20ft fence between us. Well that will not happen but hope more than 6ft. They keep looking this way with binoculars and that is invasion of privacy. Then had a rough night checking all night but got up and instead of going to church, read my Bible and out to work. The old cage that held the wyndottes, I put it next to the duck house because eventually some Drakes might need to go there. Too many and not enough hens. I also finished covering the front doors and opened a small area so I can peak towards the automatic doors. It will also serve as ventilation.
So, moving towards the chicken's run realized that I needed more washers. So got on truck and almost ended up in HD. But found the ace opened in north Muskegon. Took the old road back and saw a sign of free bricks. Came home, took my tiny trailer and got 23 of the best ones. On my way back saw a table for free and picked it up,lol So, I guess @RaZ is not the only one that scores,lol.
20221002_154317.jpg

Then once here, hub comes out and said, nice loot. Are there more? I said oh yes but in my trailer and by myself is all I could bring. So he got geared up,hitched his big trailer and back we went. We looted a total of 73 construction cinder blocks. All in the back now. Will take pictures tomorrow before going to township.

Here are the picture of Pitbull and his chihuahuas tiny home with a big window and automated battery door,lol.
20221002_154838.jpg 20221002_154853.jpg
20221002_154846.jpg

Nice score Dreamz. I need to take advantage of this cool, sunny day and get some chores done. First thing is to scout the perimeter and post more no hunting or trespassing signs. Too many city people think they can do whatever they want on my property. Bow and turkey season are open until November 14. Then gun season. At least the dirt bikes and dune buggies are mostly gone.

We got a bit of frost here. I decided I was done with the cherry tomatoes and pulled them up. They still have loads of green 'maters on them, but I just want them out of there now. Man, did they sprawl!

I have a couple of asparagus plants that are in bad locations. I want to move them, but they need to go dormant first. I pre-dug their new holes so that I don't have to dig through frost, if they hang on that long.

DH has been working the last 6 days. Not by choice, but because he won't let them down. They have a big CF happening with their biggest customer doing a trade show, and the other guy who knows how to run the machine DH ran out with Covid. And of course, he's missing this gorgeous weather. This is the kind of weather he loves.

Back
Top Bottom