Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hey everyone, wondering if anyone knows of some female ducklings or adults for sale in Michigan? I know hatcheries are booked out pretty far and I want welsh harlequins if possible. I don’t mind other breeds though and am open to looking into others. I’d even be willing to drive a good ways for them, and am willing to pay a bit more possibly.

Kind of a late supper consisting of cheesy scrambled eggs, cherry pork brats, sourkraut, toast and oatmeal swimming in butter and honey.
FC3C71CC-FDAE-4C55-8D5D-1BCBAC6835A6.jpeg

I officially have osteoporosis. I knew it was nasty - very slow, but nasty. I'm finding it is even nastier than I thought. Most of the things I can do are listed somewhere else as things not to do... hopefully, that isn't as much so as it looks after one day of poking at it with new eyes. My mom ended up with bones less dense than her lungs and she did more of most things that can be done than I can possibly do (weight-bearing exercise, not smoking, not super skinny or fat, calcium intake, etc). I soooo don't want to deal with this. Best I can tell, I'm at the very least ten or twenty years ahead of (as in progressed this far earlier than) the typical person who has it.

Please get enough vitamin D. That is the one thing that has no opposing cautions - of the things I can do anyway.

Most of Americans are deficient in Vit D; Michigan's overcast skies make it even more likely to not get enough.

My mom's mom ended up with osteoporosis, the "dowager's hump" in her back. She fell and broke her hip in her 80s, never walked again, spent the rest of her life in a nursing home.

I had a wake up call when I was told my D level was low, please come back for a retest in 6 months. I didn't. That fall, I fell and broke my wrist. Thinning bones. I take it seriously now.

@saysfaa, I hope you don't have any major problems with either the condition or a treatment.

Back
Top Bottom