Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

This was on FB from his stepson Brett

A quick update. I was able to pick up
Randys ashes on Friday. I plan on having a get together in the spring at his property. It’s just to hectic with the holidays and I don’t want to rush things. This way everyone will have an opportunity to come.
Thanks for the heads up on Randy Chick!

Good Morning to you all! This page sure has been quiet. We're all missing RaZ. I think of him often. Still can't believe he's gone. He loved his home and pets. Was so happy at his house in the woods. Wish he could have enjoyed it longer.
Hope you guys are doing ok. Holidays can be hard for some people.
Beautiful sunrise this morning. Time to take care of my birds. Have a good day, everyone.

Raz is definitely missed. I’m currently fighting a sinus infection on top of some bad bronchitis, so that isn’t fun. Also treating a hen with some bad nasal issues and she recently hasn’t been eating a ton. I will finish these antibiotics with her, and then reevaluate. May have to put her down. She’s been to the vet twice. This cold air has not been good on my lungs. Too long makes me go into coughing fits. I’m on two steroids and an antibiotic so hoping this kicks it soon. We have a lapse in insurance right now and don’t have it till January first, so I held off going to the doc, but I was sick for a grueling 18 days and finally went in 😵‍💫

I too miss Randy.
I'm (slowly) recovering from a mild cold and not so nice asthma episode, it's been a long month! Chickens have been inside, I saw a injured or ill sparrow last week, and stopped feeding the wild birds. No more sightings, so still, taking no chances.
New windows installed in our bedroom yesterday, fortunately in the afternoon, so 50F rather than 30F! Gradually replacing windows, only one more room to go. maybe next year?! Home ownership, it's always something...
The chickens are fine, wanting to be outside, maybe today. One two year old hen may be not doing well, watching her for now.
Mary

Our seven month old Chantie cockerel FINALLY has a decent crow! The slowest ever cockerel to actually sound 'manly' here! He's been acting appropriately, but silent, until the last month, and can finally emote respectably. Today.
Yesterday was beautiful, today cloudy and just like southern Michigan in fall, except still unusually warm. Such strange weather!
Mary

Hope everyone feels better.

I had started a flock of blue sumatra 2 yrs ago, now I will either need to rehome or send them to freezer camp. So if anyone wants them I would want a little money but not a lot.
Most of them are blue, but they will throw, black and white splash (very pretty birds) as well. The chicks from this spring are a mix of the colors. There are just not enough funds to keep feeding the livestock I have. The rabbits are all going to camp and if anyone wants a potbelly pig, peaches also needs a new home. I'm only keeping a small flock of my faverolles and barnyard stock.

I'm not having much luck finding a job and drowning in personal issues which is a horrid mix considering everything that's going on.

To top if off, the Kids and grandbaby have moved in for an undisclosed period of time. I have moved down to the basement for some semblance of quiet, as I am very much used to being by myself. (DH travels all the time for work). I am happy to spend some time with the grand baby though so there is a silver lining in there.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

...I had started a flock of blue sumatra 2 yrs ago, now I will either need to rehome...
Do you have any black hens or pullets? Are you willing to sell only two?

If so, how flighty are they? I like flighty chickens but my setup isn't very good for it. Of my two leghorns, one does well and one was not a good fit...we can talk more about such things if this might work out.

Back
Top Bottom