Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Oh my, I've been gone far too long.

I'm so sorry to hear about RaZ. Gosh, makes my heart break. I'll miss that guy and his antics, I was just getting to know him and his cars and his diving... :(

I'm finally over whatever that bronchitis crud was around Thanksgiving. I hosted my and my hubby's family essentially from bed. It was miserable. Then my teenager got all mouthy with me and I just couldn't. I sent her to live with her dad in Florida for a month. It's been so quiet around here lately. I've just been working and focusing on my own needs instead of constantly giving to everyone else.

But I miss my kid. She wants to out and independent and I'm good with that, but she has 2 more years of high school before she can really be out on her own. And I wish she had some hobbies she would be interested in. I don't know. These are things we will work on when she comes home in January. I really think she needs to start being around horses again.

The birds are all miserable, too. I have 3 right now that are in a really hard molt, 3 just came out of it and are finally normal again, and the 2 other bantams are too young yet. My rooster has been getting all upity, he follows me around when I turn my back, so I always have to keep an eye on my behind-parts to make sure he's not coming in for an attack. I really don't mind if he is aggressive much. He's a tiny rooster, but he really does pack a punch. Strong legs, my word! His sister is close to lay, her face has turned red, and she squats. I'm getting NO eggs from anyone else, so whatever, might as well get a tiny bantam egg every day.

I did waterglass some eggs in the fall, so I have a supply (although, hubby doesn't trust them and has been *gasp* buying eggs from the store). They're good. They work. I've been working out in the wee hours of the morning, anyway, so my breakfasts right now are usually a protein bar. I can do without eggs for a little while.

I hope you all are well... I hope your holidays are filled with joy, even if the sun is refusing to come out right now. I'm tired of this miserable grey weather.

Chickenstock 2024 sounds like a BLAST and I will be there. I might even bring my little Rocket to tag along. She's a sweetheart.

I’m so sorry about having to rehome many of your animals. Could you post some more info on the pig? A family member of mine has been really wanting one, and I so I’ve kept my eyes open. Peaches is the name you said? How old? What do potbelly pigs need to survive? I’m guessing like a a pasture, a shelter, hay, grain?
Hi,
I think the pig is 5 yrs old. She is kept outside in a fenced pasture and has either a small barn/shed or shelter to go into to get out of the weather. We use straw bales and loose straw for bedding in winter. We feed her active pig mini adult food. She has to have her weight kept in check otherwise she will get arthritis in her legs (per our vet). We will also give her table scraps, on occasion. PM me on here if you want any photos or info.

Back
Top Bottom