Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Thanks
smile.png
Dawn

Hey Sam, Rose & Kristen....remember when I was complaining of our production being so low last spring?? This may be the issue.....we've had off and on for a year had eggs that are wrinkled...seem to be seeing them more often the last month or so and I've been doing some research.
Take a look at this link; wondering if anyone has any experience in this area?

http://www.betterhensandgardens.com/2010/05/11/painful-chicken-lesson/

we presently have about 68 hens; 50% younger than 18 months; 25% 3+ years; we typically get between 28-35 eggs per day....thanks!

Opa, did you get rid of that cold completely?? -

I thought 4 only happened once every day.
ep.gif
lau.gif
The sound of howling coyotes awoke me and my dogs but DH just slept right through it. I peeked my head out side and all was quiet. Now that my heart has slowed back down and the dogs are quiet I think I will try to go back to sleep.
frow.gif

Hopefully the winter storm watch we're under right now passes with out actually doing anything.

We had a litter of bunnies born yesterday. I think they were fairly freshly bore when I went to look. She didn't like it much and bit me, but I don't blame her. I'll try to get a better count and some pictures in a few days. Looks like whites, blacks or browns.

I'm hoping it at least goes a little further north than what they're predicting. Right now we'll get rain all day today, but tonight we're on the line between rain and snow which could end up being ice. I could do without the ice for sure.

new hatched by broody hen was 12 eggs 9 made it and she is taking care of two turkeys
81005_hpim1836.jpg

81005_hpim1834.jpg

81005_hpim1833.jpg
big_smile.png

sorry pics are blury they would not say still and the date is off on my cam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom