Middle Tennessee--anyone??

dixieland

Blue Eggs by the Bushel
12 Years
Oct 7, 2007
Carthage, TN
I am brand new to this forun and I am not yet owned by any chickens:(, but have been doing lots of research for the past year on different breeds, coop design, etc.
I would love to visit with some breeders in the area and meet their chickens and learn from them. I have only been around some RIR crosses that were quite high strung and not terribly sociable. Their owners told me that about the temperament prior to my meeting them.
I live in Middle Tennessee and am willing to drive a distance to learn from any breeders who are willing to share some of their knowledge and experience with me....
I would like to start out with abut 5 Pullets of different breeds who would be good pets and lay some eggs....I seem to be most intrigued by the Polish breeds, although their temperaments may not be what I'm after....

I appreciate any advice!
Jes

Welcome to BYC. I'am fairly new here myself. Also fairly new to the wonderful world of chickens. You could say I've been owened by my chickens for about three years now. And I love it!!!! I have about 56 total. Both standard and banty. I am not very far from you at all. I live in Lebanon. You are more than welcome to come by and see what all we have. And I'm more than happy to share with you what little I know.

I'm not a breeder, just keeping a front yard and side yard flock of Banties at this time, but wanted to say Hello & Welcome to the forum!

Like you, I spent much time doing my research before taking the plunge and am so glad that I did! We have 5 EE's, 5 Mottled Cochins, 5 Silkies (Blue, Black & a Splash), 3 Silver Sebrights, 2 Black Tailed Buff Jap's and 1 Silver Spangled Hamburg.
I'm in White County about 30 minutes South of Cookeville. Please feel free to e-mail if you would like to visit sometime or just want to talk...I LOVE to talk chicken!
big_smile.png

Dawn

I'm in Portland,Tn. I have 6 silkies and about 15 americanna or Easter egg bantams. Also have a few rabbits and about thirty pigeons.

Hello from Bellevue! Almost to the williamson county line... will have to update the flock next spring. I am down to just 2 hens and 1 rooster that just showed up in April. I tried to run him off but now I love him!

Not from middle Tn. but, from Jefferson County(25 mi. east of Knoxville) If you want a calm breed that lays well, you might look into Orpintons. I had the Buff Orpingtons and they were so tame they would jump up on my lap and go to sleep. They would also un-tie my shoes!

I'm in eastern Tn, but i can e-mail all types of info if you need it. before buying chickens figure out what you want from them. dont get ll mied up like me. serama: worlds smallest chickens..good setters but very small and are more of a pet. if you can get started with them though you can make sme big $$$$. look them and their prices up.

hi everyone, i`m in collierville tn,i have 33 chcikens and two roosters.3 araucanas,2 australorps,,2 blue andalusians,2 blue cochins,2 barred rocks,10 turkens, 1 ancona,1 frizzle,1 white rock,1 white leghorn,1 silver laced wyandotte,1 silver spangled hamburg,1 lakenvelder,1 mottled houdan,1 silver gray dorking and 3 unknows, and two turken roosters

Hi y'all,

I just posted in the wrong message subject looking for other TNians. This is my first day on BYC and didn't find my way around at first.

I've been in western TN for about 2 1/2 yrs and having a really hard time finding people, especially women, that are into pounltry and fowl. I'm in west Stewart Co, and I can't find anything going on except 4-H.

At present, I don't have any poultry but that doesn't mean I don't love to be around them and meet other people with the same interest.

Could I be lucky enough there is some one closer than Nashville or east of there?

gootziecat

I too am in Portland, well not in Portland, but I have the Portland address. I'm in Robertson county. I have 9 babes. Use to have 27, 2 dog attacks later and I'm left with 9. I have Brahmas, White and Black Langshans, Buff and Blue Cochins. You're welcome to come visit.

Back
Top Bottom