Midnight majestic maran?

DawnYokom

Chirping
Jun 22, 2016
This is supposed to be a midnight majestic maran from tractor supply. I was wondering where the black face and comb would be from? What looks like dirt all over her is actually brown in her feathers. She is really pretty but a strange looking bird! I thought these were a maran barred rock cross?

Attachments

• 20190901_120445.jpg
    20190901_120445.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 40
They're actually marans crossed to marans... At least, that's my understanding. So they're pure marans, just a mix of the colors. Kind of like what some of the hatcheries have done with their pure bred 'americana'. They can swear that they're pure, and they just might be, but they've mixed up the colors.
As for the black face... it happens with black birds. The colors will come out later. Sooner than later if its a cockerel.

Thank you for the information! I guess the "designer chicken" fad is in full swing. Kinda like the designer dogs that are just so cute! Try and say chiweenie without smiling! I will keep posting pictures as she grows.

exactly so! The hatcheries are selling tons of chickens now days that are 'designer' hybrids, mostly for the blue or green eggs.

This is supposed to be a midnight majestic maran from tractor supply. I was wondering where the black face and comb would be from? What looks like dirt all over her is actually brown in her feathers. She is really pretty but a strange looking bird! I thought these were a maran barred rock cross?
I believe what you're thinking of is black copper sex link marans where they put a bcm roo over a BR hen to make em.

Back
Top Bottom