Might be a buff orpington or a buff leghorn

y3553n19

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 27, 2013
Dallas, TX
This is hellen, I had gotten her by surprise because one day at my high school they had done a senior prank and released about 40 baby chicks all over the school, It was really weird because a few days back i was talking to my family about getting chickens! So I don't really know how old she is, but she has been with me for a while though, maybe about 3-4 months already. I hope these pictures help to see what breed she is.

I think Buff Orp., I think leghorns have white earlobes, she doesn't. Were all those chicks ok?
sad.png

studio2770, Yes, they were all fine, most of the chicks were taken by adults and some of the staff at the school sent them to a farm where they could live their life there :)

Personally, I don't think it's either. It looks like probably a mixed breed bird to me. Orpingtons are round and very fluffy, and the color's off. Leghorns are lean and streamlined, with huge combs. Her body type looks more like maybe a rock. What's up with her comb? Is she missing a chunk of it? Hard to tell in the pic.

donrae, whenever my hen was younger, she accidentally scratched it off whenever she was scratching behind her ear. Don't worry though, Whenever this happened I went to the vet and got some healing lotion for her. I probably think that she is a mix of breeds also, since she doesn't specifically look exactly alike to some of the breeds.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom