Might be getting Call ducklings this weekend

duckluv

Crowing
9 Years
Aug 20, 2010
Ohio
This Sunday, I'm going to go look at some two-week-old Call ducklings, the father Magpie and the mother either White or Blue Fawn. Is there anything special about the breed that I need to know about them? I know they'll be loud (neighbors are okay with it) and I know they'll fly (I can clip wings every molt).
Here's a picture of the adults:
65922_callducksandducklings.jpg

And the babes when they were just a few days old:
65922_callducksandducklings2.jpg

Last edited:
Will they have sexed them before you pick yours out? I love our calls, they have wonderful personalities in a small package. They are happy with a cement mixing tub for water, or a baby pool. Ours have breeding pens, and also get time in the flight pen chasing bugs and laying in the grass.

Only the females are loud. We have one who sounds like she is laughing at everyone. The boys just have a mild low rasp.

If I were picking off of color I would take the dark duckling and the two dusty colored ones just to see what they grow out to look like. LoL

Last edited by a moderator:
They will be straight run, but I plan on getting several so I can narrow it down to only a couple after their sex can be seen. (Don't feel comfortable vent sexing.)

That's what I was thinking, too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom