Mildew resistant coop paint

You may be able to control some of the mildew with laundry bleach. Make sure you use rubber gloves so you don't burn your hands.
Mildew is something that arrives as microscopic spores in the wind. It collects on moist surfaces, and will grow. It is present most everywhere.
You may ask at the paint department about mildew resistant paints.:idunno
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

You may be able to control some of the mildew with laundry bleach. Make sure you use rubber gloves so you don't burn your hands.
Mildew is something that arrives as microscopic spores in the wind. It collects on moist surfaces, and will grow. It is present most everywhere.
You may ask at the paint department about mildew resistant paints.:idunno
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Thanks! Sounds like I’ll need the luck. I used Valspar fence paint on the coop. I think I’ll look into Behr exterior as I’ve read it has resistant qualities. If anything something with a glossier sheen sobits easier to clean. Thanks for chiming in!

Is it in the shade?
Low air flow area?
Got pics?

Hey aart! I just snapped these. One is of front and the other is below back window trim - the worst part on back in which I haven’t touched yet. Front of coop is facing north and gets very little sun and trees off to left but air flow is good. I scrubbed front and sides yesterday. The back wasn’t as bad and I’m thinking it’s because the sun is drying it out/killing it?

We’ve removed 12 trees so far and I still have issues with dampness. Yikes! My other coop is completely under trees, little air flow with steel siding (non painted) and no issues that I’m aware of. I’ll have to look closer to be sure though!
3BAF61A7-FD37-4F7B-95BC-6FFDC8BA8D35.jpeg
C70472AD-0DAC-4ADB-BE9A-32DAC2A7BEFF.jpeg

The back wasn’t as bad and I’m thinking it’s because the sun is drying it out/killing it?
Absolutely!

Oh, that's doesn't look too bad.
Does that wipe of easily?
How many coats of paint did you use there?
..but good to get a jump on it.
Mildew resistant paint might the answer, something semi-glossy or glossy,
less 'tooth' for the spores and easier to clean.
Ask your paint professional.

I believe I did two coats on the whole thing. Most of it wiped off easily, thankfully! There were parts that didn’t come clean though. I will definitely ask paint professional for input. The less maintenance the better. Too many projects around here!

Back
Top Bottom