mille fleur bantam roosters

janc

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
I have 4 roos and 5 chicks- about 4 1/2 months old. I've advertised in the Peddler to sell 3 of the roos but am not sure which one to keep. I know their true colors come in after the first molt. Not sure when that will be. 3 of the roos have dark heads and one is still mostly yellow on the head. Does anyone have an idea on which to sell? I thought about keeping 2 and just sellling 2 but thought with only 5 hens that might not be such a good idea.

if the roos where born and raised together it would be ok to have only 5 hens and 2 roos. do you have any favorite roos in mind? can you post pics? and if they are mille flur they arent usually agressive and not very fertile.

Hi,
Thanks for answering me. They arrived together from Cackle and have been raised together. Tonight though I just about had a heart attack! My one yellow headed roo jumped on one of the females and she was just a screaming. Scared the heck out of me and her! I'm not sure if that's normal or not. I suppose it is. Thanks again for responding! My in laws are here till Thurs. Will try to post some pics after they leave.
Jan

The lighter coloring is more desirable for Mille Fleurs in show...but you really just won't know for sure for a while. I would definitely keep lighter colors and let the darker colors go.

Thanks, BJ,
Two of my hens' heads are light and just the one roosters. I appreciate the advice. It's really hard to find much about coloring with mille fleurs' so I've been looking at pics and some of mine are darker. I'm not interested in showing them but would like to have the proper colors in my birds.
Thanks,
Jan

Quote:
It's normal.
smile.png

Don't know anything about their coloring other than I like them, sorry can't help you there.

Back
Top Bottom