Mille Fleur D'Uccle- been looking for a private breeder

humster

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 7, 2009
New Mexico
Hello.

I've been searching the net and even through the forum archives. Can anyone point me to a private breeder with good quality Mille Fleur D'Uccles for sale at a reasonable price? I'm not looking for hatchery prices, but also not looking for the highest end birds/prices. I can't seem to find a quality breeder with these birds available. I'd love to get ahold of some juvenile or adult birds, but chicks are okay too. Not looking for hatching eggs.

Also interested in Silver Laced Wyandottes.

Feedback appreciated, thanks.
H

I actually got my D'Uccles from McMurray and from what I have read and the pics I have seen in books, they are true to the breed for this particular bird. others not so much, but this one seems true to the breed.

I have the same problem. There is a major lack of quality d'uccle breeders that are easy to find! If you find any with porcelains, let me know. I've just been trying to work with my own stock as of the last few months and have just now started the selecting process.

I have a line of birds that I have maintained for several years, mille fluers....They originally came from a private showman/breeder that moved away from the breed and was "selling out"...I am not completely satisfied with them but I have moved them along...I have only a trio that meets my standards and they only lay intermittently and I have been setting what I can and selling the rest...I am expecting my first hatch of the year next week, with 25+ still turning...I am at the limit of the birds that I am hatching and that are spoken for so I have started to sell a few half dozens...as they become available. If you are interested PM me and we can talk about the details...I currently don't have any current pics but can get some fresh ones if desired.

Back
Top Bottom