Mille Fleur d'Uccle

sarastamand

Songster
Jan 25, 2019
Grantham, NH
I'm in the process of selecting my new baby chicks! I'm soo excited!!!! I've always wanted a/some Mille Fleur d'Uccle's as they are so gosh darn cute! As I'm researching though, it appears they may only come in bantam size. Is this true? I'm not a fan of the bantams as I prefer normal egg size, but I'm really hoping to get some of these cuties. Appreciate your help!

I've had them for a long time, and they are nice birds! I figure two bantam eggs equals one standard sized egg, and it works out fine for any recipes I make.
The hens are often good broodies, so you can raise your own, which I like too. And they are beautiful!
Mine do fine in southern Michigan weather. Sometimes a rooster will have frostbitten comb tips but is otherwise fine, in my unheated coop.
Try them out and see!
Mary

I got four females and one male last July. The females are becoming good layers. The cockerel is a very good one. He takes good care of the pullets. Just for the heck of it, we put 7 eggs in the incubator and just got six healthy adorable chicks. They are too cute!

Attachments

• 430A431A-03C9-4379-9BC0-85DDBB544268.jpeg
    430A431A-03C9-4379-9BC0-85DDBB544268.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 44
I have two. Audrey Peckbuen and Marilhen Monroe. Both very different personalities. Audrey is very sweet and quiet but Marilhen has a lot of sass and is noisy. But they're always the first to bed and the last to rise, they like their beauty sleep.

They are 15 months old but I only got them in August. They both lay pretty well and haven't gone broody much, only Marilhen and she quits pretty quickly after a lot of screeching when someone dares to approach the nesting box.

I quite like the small eggs, they're convenient when you want a little snack and I use them when baking and I'm only doing half the recipe- when the full recipe calls for 1 normal egg I just use one of their little ones instead.

Have attached a photo of Audrey. She was shown before I got her and did pretty well, I intend on getting into it myself this year.

Attachments

• Resized_20190602_124321.jpeg
    Resized_20190602_124321.jpeg
    382.1 KB · Views: 42

Back
Top Bottom