Mille Fleurs

Ok, you rfirst two picks look close to my two best. Your last pic looks lik emy poor Dana who I'm probably going to have to give to lonely ole Pepe:-( Sad too as she is dear to me. Maybe her color will come out better after her first molt????

ok I just wanted to share a pic of my millie. I know ya'll were saying that the colors come in late but this is her right now and she was born right before easter. So not even a year old. Now what will happen after her first real molt I don't know...I'm not showing but she may end up with too much white.

circus003.jpg

circus007.jpg

My pullet, now a 7yo hen, won best of breed at our 4H show at 8 months old. That was out of ~20 other birds, they're popular here. Whoever told you that was smoking something.

Edited to add: Seeing your pic now, she does look like she has a bit too much white in her, even in a hen that would be a tad too much. I'll post some pics of my girl up in a bit, gotta transfer them from my cam. By breeding her to a cock w/ too much red/black, you should be fine. It's not your breeders you're too worried about, it's the chicks they throw.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks to everyone so much! This has really changed my mind about stopping with the Mille Fleurs! Thanks to everyone who posted their amazing birds on here! This is why I love BYC soooooo much!
yippiechickie.gif

Definately DONT change your mind. Go with the Mille Fleur D'uccles. They are beautiful birds. Your girl is beautiful!! I think after her first molt, she will be very white in color. If you were going to show her, I would show her now. In doing so, you can sit with the judge and find out what he/she liked or disliked about that particular bird. And then build on that. Every judge is different in how they see a bird so talk to as many as you can, find out what they like or dislike about every exhibitors bird.

Here is my crowd.
IMG_2092.jpg

They were only around 4 months when this pic was taken. Before the hens started laying, now we're getting eggs every couple of days.
NAMES:
Kurnal Korn, Pop-Corn, Candy-Corn and Sweet-Corn

Back
Top Bottom