1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MIL's hosue broken into last night

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Just got an email from my dh letting me know that his moms house was broken into last night.

I guess she came home right as the robber was running out the front door with a pillow case full of jewelry boxes.
    She began yelling for help and he dropped the case and took off. only thing she hasnt been able to find is her moms engagement ring.

He broke in right thru the side door. Broke some glass panes and was in. She was lucky she wasnt home and didnt come in while he was still in the house.

Now. what I am going to say might sound terrible to some but

Number 1- I am so glad that my daughter wasnt with her. She had been only the night before while my dh and I went out for a few hours.

Number 2- the way she has kept the yard etc. The guy probably thought no one lived there.
    She doesnt have a big front yard. But it is the ONLY yard in the entire neighborhood that hasnt been mowed in over a YEAR!!
    She will gladly pay someone to do interior work on the house(had the entire downstairs floors redone and a new wainscoting CEILING put in the mudroom, but heaven forbid she pay someone to mow the freaking lawn!
    And no. We do not live close enough (Over an hour one way)that either my dh or I can do this for her. I dont like traveling from the gas station to my own house with a gal of gas in the truck. No way am I putting a mower in there as well.

So saturday we are going over to replace the locks on the doors. And probably listen to her lament over the crime. And then how unsafe she is living alone in the house.. which will then lead to my running from the room screaming as she again suggests moving into my home with us. Like the crime is soooo much lower where we are. Heck the state of NH just said that the drug dealers say that their suppliers are all in the freaking city WE live in!

and they are going to worry about my having some chickens in my back yard? ah ha.

Man.... I am so dreading this coming conversation

2. EliteTempleton

EliteTempleton Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    SW MI
    Maybe she might be willing to adopt a dog? Then she would not feel so alone, and it sounds like the dog would have lots of grass to pee on!

3. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Quote:I would suggest it. But she REALLY is not an animal person. Some how she has a cat that hasnt disappeared on her yet.
    But she comes to my house and you can see her visibly cringe. [​IMG] And yes. I kinda have pets to keep her from moving in. I am thinking maybe it is time for her to sell the place and move into a condo some place. Just not closer to us.[​IMG] Or maybe in with her other single friend. Or get another housemate, someone thru Temple(?)

ack ack ack

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by