Mine will be the most spoiled of all the chickens.

BelleHartChicks

Songster
5 Years
Mar 25, 2018
Wisconsin
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I will be new to chickens! We’ve just bought our first home and it has a nice big yard perfect for generous coop and run. My plan is to learn as much as I can now, build a coop this fall and get our first flock next spring.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? None, but I’m hoping to start with 4-5.

(3) What breeds do you have? None yet! We want layers, with a relatively friendly temperament. Suggestions welcome.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? It’s been the top hit on all of my chicken google searches (which have been many and great since closing on our house )

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I live in the beautiful Driftless region of Southwest Wisconsin and most enjoy summer days in the woods of our great state parks. I also love to travel (what qualities do you look for in a good chicken sitter?!), eat good food, take in theater, and binge Netflix like any good millennial (currently making my way through The Office for the 37th time).

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I’m sure I’ll love my chickens, but my first love will always be my 13 year old baby (pictured). My second love is my spouse (he understands this ranking). I’m an ordained clergy woman in a progressive Christian denomination. I’m currently answering these questions to further procrastinate on the work of Holy Week.

30D1BCF5-B87E-4FA7-9DEF-C0020B1D845B.jpeg

G'Day from down under BelleHartChicks :frowWelcome and Congratulations on your new home! :clap

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock when they arrive or more of your adorable fur baby, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may be interested in these links:

I bet you can't hold off getting chickens till next spring. YOU KNOW you want them! ;)
Check out your local Craig's list, people often find coops sometimes with the chickens very reasonable or free. Also dog run panels - a quick way to set up a run. Yes, I am an enabler - we all are at Backyard chickens.:gig

Back
Top Bottom