Mini Brinsea Advanced.... missing water pot cover...Ideas?

The one I got was missing it I gotta figure that out too
What we did (with the first one we lost!), we found a snap on cap... like for an aerosol can... that was about the width of the water holder. We cut down the length so that it would not obscure the fan etc from the top. Then used used a soldering iron to melt a bunch of holes in the top. That seems to have been working fine.

Now that we have lost the 2nd one (🙄), I'm looking for something s little more sleek. My hubs says that he found some plans on 'thing verse' (?) which is s place to find stuff to print with a 3D printer if you have one.

I mean... they are 5$ from brinsea... but if I can do for free and repurchase trash, I'd rather go that route.

This is just to keep the chicks from falling in? Would cutting a square of bird netting or from those mesh bags for oranges and attaching it tightly with a rubber band work? 🤔
Yes... going in head first and inhaling water... or deciding to fall asleep on top of it and drowning. That is a really good idea and I would think so! I have these thick rubber bands from broccoli that I insist on hanging onto. Those would probably be perfect.

Yes... going in head first and inhaling water... or deciding to fall asleep on top of it and drowning. That is a really good idea and I would think so! I have these thick rubber bands from broccoli that I insist on hanging onto. Those would probably be perfect.
Glad my tendency to “make it work” was helpful!! I would suggest testing it to make sure it won’t slip off or dip in the middle if someone jumped on top, and making sure there are no loose fibers a chick might try to tease loose and eat. You may be able to (outdoors) carefully melt the edges with a lighter or candle so they aren’t frayed. 🤔

Glad my tendency to “make it work” was helpful!! I would suggest testing it to make sure it won’t slip off or dip in the middle if someone jumped on top, and making sure there are no loose fibers a chick might try to tease loose and eat. You may be able to (outdoors) carefully melt the edges with a lighter or candle so they aren’t frayed. 🤔

Smart ideas. I needed someone else's brain to think about it since I wasn't getting anywhere. Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom