MINI INTELIGENT 7 EGG INCUBATOR-good or ...

nchls school

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 22, 2015
Tennessee
I haven't used an incubator in years prefering broody hens. In the last few months I've lost two hens to a hawk and the neighbor's dog; both hens having clutches of eggs. Since the average clutch size for my serama is 6/7 eggs I decided to buy the incubator shown in my post title. I'm testing it now and it keeps a very constant temperature. Has anyone else tried this product and, if so, how did it do??

Is this the Brinsea? If so, I love ours. Very little to worry about.
Doesn't say Brinsea. The manual gives the name "Inteligent" Below is a picture of it. Thanks for your reply.

1580055012992.png

I just got this incubator as a "Starter" how did it work for you?
It works very good. It holds a stable temperature that never varies more than a couple tenths of one degree, I've also learned that, in a pinch, eggs can be stacked on top of each other and still develop so instead of seven, 9 or 10 medium size eggs will fit.

Drawbacks are its small size, hard to regulate a stable humidity (has a small trough to hold water), and the eggs have to be turned by hand.

All in all, I recommend this as a starter incubator, for those that want to hatch only a small number of eggs, and as a emergency incubator. This incubator heats to the desired temperatures in a minute or less.

I just got this incubator as a "Starter" how did it work for you?
I discovered another "big" drawback, but something that can be handled.

If the heat sensor touches the plastic dome when there is condensation the temperature reading is way off. The temperature reading will say 38 but the actual temperature will be way higher.

When using this incubator be sure the sensor is not touching the dome.

I discovered another "big" drawback, but something that can be handled.

If the heat sensor touches the plastic dome when there is condensation the temperature reading is way off. The temperature reading will say 38 but the actual temperature will be way higher.

When using this incubator be sure the sensor is not touching the dome.

Oh Man! I noticed a few times that it did touch the dome & a few times the eggs felt extra hot. I also got a hygrometer and the humidity was 80%! So i removed almost all the water to get it back down. None of the 5 eggs were viable by day 11 :(
I ordered a new incubator and sending this back.
It seems like a lot of trial & error with this one.

Back
Top Bottom