(Mini Project #2.) Silver Shadow, breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is more of an experimental breed project.

Birds for the project includes:

Silver Duckwing OEGB/Mille Fleur D'uccle X Silkie rooster
View attachment 2890240View attachment 2890241View attachment 2890242Cracker Hens(Red JungleFowl/American Game crosses)View attachment 2890243And a Black Sumatra hen. (Updated Picture Needed)

(I may include a Silkie/CrackerFowl hen, I have but she's none crested.)
View attachment 2890317

This project is to create a Gamefowl like bird, but without the Gameness. I want it resemble a Flarry Eye Grey.
(I wanted to wait to get Greys for this project, but decided to experiment with what I have first)

Differences will be Deep Red Eyes, walnut comb, Gypsy face, feathered feet, & polydactly. Maybe a half beard, or muff if I decide to keep that trait.

Project probably will start sometime next year, if not the following year.

Any overly aggressive cockerels will be culled, if produced.

The breeding order would go something like this:

OEGB/MF/Silkie X Cracker Hens

F1 Rooster(s) X Sumatra Hen

F2 hens, Back crossed to Grandfather, & F1s.

(Only the best looking/behaved will be chosen from this process)

Traits wanted: Survivalist, Crested, Light Weight, Good Fliers, Crested, Gypsy Faced, Walnut Combed, 5 toes, Black to Grey shanks, Silver Duckwing, or Silver Neck Blacks, Deep Red eyes, (Maybe a Beard), Feathered Legs, Friendly, Broody, White to tinted eggs, & Weather Hardy.
Just following!

Because I am not interested in the "rare" side of things. I am just tired of having poor lacing on birds. Its definitely an interesting pattern. I would LOVE to have show quality buff-laced wyandotte's. Not for an actual show though, I just want to admire them. At first, I wanted some Cochins or Brahmas, but I think I prefer clean-legged breeds.
I was thinking more people helping preserve rare breeds would be grateful.

I don't think Buff Laced Wyandottes are a color variety accepted by the APA yet. But if you could, would be nice.

If you don't want to show them, that's fine too.

I was thinking more people helping preserve rare breeds would be grateful.

I don't think Buff Laced Wyandottes are a color variety accepted by the APA yet. But if you could, would be nice.

If you don't want to show them, that's fine too.
That would be nice! My plan is to, in the future, keep a breeding flock and a pet flock. I would love to get a few gamefowl. I have heard a lot of great things about them.

That would be nice! My plan is to, in the future, keep a breeding flock and a pet flock. I would love to get a few gamefowl. I have heard a lot of great things about them.
Sounds good.

What types of games?

American

Irish

Old English

Aseel types

Shamo

Malays

Brazilian

I like the look of OEGB, BUT, I am open to ideas. Still not decided yet.

Possibly Malays or American.
OEGBs are fun. I'm just moving away from standards. I want to get Old English Standards, but not sure where to get them.

Malays are pretty easy, but I have no experience with the American Games. Only variation I have is Cracker Hens, which behave more like JungleFowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom