mini rex rabbits

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Akane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    I have a pedigreed broken castor buck that I decided to cull from my herd to make room. He's carrying self and dilute so depending what he's paired with he could throw castor, opal, black, or blue and any of those in combination with broken. His color is probably not good enough for shows though. He would make a good pet. I also don't mind if he goes for food or pelt just don't tell my husband. I would butcher him myself along with the meat rabbits but my husband got too attached to him and doesn't want to know if he gets turned in to food.

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Oh don't eat him....please .....Folks around here spend $15 to $20 for a mini rex ....I would just to rescue him.....Try going to the homestead section to post also go to craigslist. Please. God bless you. Nancy

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    i adore my 6 year old mini-rex.... please yeah dont eat.....(see my pic) i love my lil house trained awesome rabbit. (but i know some do eat rabbits.) [​IMG]

oh and iowa is too far.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  4. neferset

neferset Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    If you were closer, I'd take him as an alternate buck rabbit for my ladies. Everyone is right, though. Post an add locally too and see if you get any responses. That's how I got my buck. He came from Craigslist.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by