Mini vent/rant about girlfriend and rabbits

Well, I'm not good with relationship advice, but I will say that with the right people, a skirmish rabbit could become quite friendly over time. Once shes fixed and someone takes the time to bond with her she could be a good pet. I would not just give her away though, add a rehoming fee to be sure she goes to a good home.

But it should still be your decision, it is your rabbit.
I agree with you. That would be a great idea.

I definitely agree.
That is true. But a lot of us have been there and done that. Besides, it really doesn't take a therapist for a person to figure out that a relationship is more trouble than it is worth. You can do that yourself. Most of the time all it takes is a pen and a legal pad and some quiet uninterrupted time. Take a page on the pad and draw a vertical line dividing the page in two. Or just use two pages. On one side (or page) you list the positives of the relationship. On the other side (page) you list the negatives. Think about what you are getting out of a relationship vs what you are putting into it. On the negatives think about what can be done to fix them. A lot of the time there isn't anything. Too many times people are in love with a ghost. They love a person for what they think/hope that person is and not for what the person actually is. In other words, they are in love with someone who doesn't exist. By the way, this advice was given to me by a licensed therapist and I am putting it out here for free.

That is true. But a lot of us have been there and done that. Besides, it really doesn't take a therapist for a person to figure out that a relationship is more trouble than it is worth. You can do that yourself. Most of the time all it takes is a pen and a legal pad and some quiet uninterrupted time. Take a page on the pad and draw a vertical line dividing the page in two. Or just use two pages. On one side (or page) you list the positives of the relationship. On the other side (page) you list the negatives. Think about what you are getting out of a relationship vs what you are putting into it. On the negatives think about what can be done to fix them. A lot of the time there isn't anything. Too many times people are in love with a ghost. They love a person for what they think/hope that person is and not for what the person actually is. In other words, they are in love with someone who doesn't exist. By the way, this advice was given to me by a licensed therapist and I am putting it out here for free.
Yeah I’ve never gone to a therapist and probably never will. Just agreeing that it’s best that they don’t get advice from an online chicken forum from strangers and that they try sorting it out themself. I agree with you. People seem to often “love” someone with rose colored glasses and don’t realize what they gotten themselves into after the fact.

🤔 Knowing nothing else about your relationship; You mention that she just saw her first rabbit slaughtering, and now she'd rather see the next one rehomed instead... Have you considered that actually witnessing the slaughter made her uncomfortable with the process?
Some people just aren't cut out for farming.

Especially if that is the case, but also either way; talk to your girlfriend about how you feel, and about how she feels, not just random people on the internet with barely half the story.

🤔 Knowing nothing else about your relationship; You mention that she just saw her first rabbit slaughtering, and now she'd rather see the next one rehomed instead... Have you considered that actually witnessing the slaughter made her uncomfortable with the process?
Some people just aren't cut out for farming.

Especially if that is the case, but also either way; talk to your girlfriend about how you feel, and about how she feels, not just random people on the internet with barely half the story.
Well said! I definitely agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom